Voice matching important?

I currently have Martin logan motion 40's for fronts and a motion 8 for the centre. I'm not really happy on the quality and sound of the 8 and was wondering am I able to upgrade my centre that isent voiced matched to the fronts and surrounds? I'm sorta looking at something from the dynaudio range but my brother ses it they won't be voiced match and it will sound strange.

But my argument is that the motion 40's and motion 8 sound nothing alike anyway?

The 40's offer very clean and deep voices when the 8 is very much stuck in the mid range, which in turn makes the centre stage sound very confined.

And thoughts?

Edited by HowFarToAsgaard

I currently have Martin logan motion 40's for fronts and a motion 8 for the centre. I'm not really happy on the quality and sound of the 8 and was wondering am I able to upgrade my centre that isent voiced matched to the fronts and surrounds? I'm sorta looking at something from the dynaudio range but my brother ses it they won't be voiced match and it will sound strange.

But my argument is that the motion 40's and motion 8 sound nothing alike anyway?

The 40's offer very clean and deep voices when the 8 is very much stuck in the mid range, which in turn makes the centre stage sound very confined.

And thoughts?

Chances are it will sound strange with a non voice matched centre .. I've done it before, and it's not pretty.

Having said that, I'd go one of two ways:

1. Try the new Motion 30 centre .. it has bigger woofers, and might be more "clean and deep" sounding than your current motion 8

2. Look for another centre with similar drivers to your Motion 40s. That would mean ribbon tweeters at least, and preferably similar woofers.

So possibly something like http://www.monitoraudio.com.au/products/gold-gx/gxc350/ or http://stonessoundstudio.com.au/stone/ribbon_speaker_kit/ribbon_speaker_kit_info.htm