My stezza :D

well, i managed to get some pics of my 'beast' which i love sooo much.

the speakers are pretty basic, as im low on funds, but anyways

My main unit is a Pioneer A-109 40 watt x 2 stereo system, that produces a nice clean sound. eq settings, balance settings are all bypassed thanx to a direct drive button :)

my speakers are my DIY's they sound okay for now until i save up more money and get proper ones. i used speakers from jaycar for these.

my 80 watt sub amp which powers my 35hz basshorn which is under my bed. nice place to put it :P

here are the rest of the pics

and a pic of me :D

:) yep it is, i also have my old quad box holding up my bed too, it's pretty secure :grin:

those jbl sats that i have need to be fixed, but i doubt ill get them fixed. i bought them off ebay faulty for about $50 to see if they were worth fixing, the midbass speakers arnt blown, they seem to have an open circuit when i tested them with my mult. braids may be stuffed or coil. www.e-hifi.com.au quoted a decent price (under $100 for replacement drivers)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

hey open bar, yeah the jaycar 80 watt sub amp goes quite well with my pioneer TS-W305c 12" sub, infact it shakes half the house (only cause of the particular box design) it's a pretty decent sub amp for a bedroom, you dont really need anything too powerful unless you plan to move out.

Oh yeah guys, i have since upgraded from my pioneer A-109 integrated stereo, to a Panasonic SA-HE75 5.1 channel receiver which i picked up for $349 (http://www.panasonic.com.au/products/detai...?productID=1463)

when i connected this up to my Onkyo's, i noticed the SQ difference straight away. i thought that my pioneer A-109 sounded decent, but since i connected the panasonic, the Sq seems more clearer and detailed and and seem to flow the sound out effortlessly and with no problem. Along with buying the Panasonic, i also went to a PC shop and grabbed myself a Creative Audigy 2 NX USB soundcard for my pc, so i can run my HT receiver through the SPDIF output. (http://au.creative.com/products/product.as...49&product=9103)

and thats it so far, sounds amazing and im thinking of selling my Pioneer A-109, but ill think about it first.

• 4 weeks later...

ok, since those speakers you seen in the first post, i have upgraded. i just thought id show you my pics of my system. i was watching Phil Collins First Farewell Tour in DTS when taking these pics!

that lil box in my hand is my external soundcard, im using the optical output. mmmm digital :)

i love my holdens :)

yeah it's a nice setup for now, till i plan to get more expensive speakers, they only set me back $271 on an ebay shop, they cheap speakers, but they actually sound really good for what they are worth. compared to my mum and dads speakers, these ones win. the brand is Dream Acoustics, but they also are under other names too as i noticed with Coemaudio's Port Acoustics speakers are exatcly the same sort (http://www.planetaudio.com.au/forums/showt...hread.php?t=797) but yeah. i rekon they sound good, but ill have to compare to more expensive brands to hear what im missing. they sound good with drums, guitars etc, nice and detailed, dont really need a sub unless you need to rattle the house with a bit more low end, but yeah.

anyways, this is the ebay store i got them from http://stores.ebay.com.au/DREAM-HI-FI

and this is the website

www.dreamacoustics.com.au

• 2 months later...

*UPDATE* the word Vifa comes to mind!! chek the new tweets!! they sound much better than the ones that were in the box!! lol!

this is prob the last upgrade for my speakers as i plan to build a full horn system, but i may need to get help with that.. jus the cutting wood at different angles part

• 7 months later...

ok ok!!! i have a recent update with my setup!!! Here we go!! *Takes big breath in*

DIY'd JBL Main Speakers!! ( JBL 123-A1 woofers, JBL LE5-2 mids and jbl 044Ti tweeters)

DIY'd JBL 15" subs in boxes using the JBL 2225H woofers tuned to 40hz at 120 litres

Behringer A-500 power amp (second one on it's way so i can bridge amps to 500 watts)

Samsung 40" LCD screen!

Speaker cable: 15 amp extension lead used for subs and 10 amp extension lead used for rest of speakers! cheap, yet effective!!

heres the pics of my bedroom which was the garage!

i still using my horn sub too which is facing the roof on the back wall :)

hey thanks mate! yeah it does feel great when building things by yourself :) i just have to carpet the speakers to give them more of an industrial look! hehe my holden collection is growing more! [/b]

hmm thats actually not a bad idea....

Bit of carpet to finish them off, and also add as some room dampening :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Technics SA-TX50 Home Theater Receiver!!!

SATX50.jpg

I pick this baby up in a couple of weeks. I know it's a bit outdated since it was made in 96', but i been a big fan of technics equipment since i was 16 (now 24) and i plan to start my collection again.

The main thing is now i have an amp, now i got to get the speakers happening again!

Great looking receiver there, coruphius. Love the needle meters!

Technics have made some great-looking gear over the years, perhaps none greater than this:

[ATTACH]2944[/ATTACH]

The RS1500 reel-to-reel. Now worth huge $$$ and rare as hen's teeth, but a work of art, nonetheless.

One to add to the collection one day? :)

Mind you, Andythiing will probably turn up next week having found one at the dump...:)

Great looking receiver there, coruphius. Love the needle meters!

Technics have made some great-looking gear over the years, perhaps none greater than this:

[ATTACH]2944[/ATTACH]

The RS1500 reel-to-reel. Now worth huge $$$ and rare as hen's teeth, but a work of art, nonetheless.

One to add to the collection one day? :)

Mind you, Andythiing will probably turn up next week having found one at the dump...:)

Please don't say that is worth huge $$$ my dad after years of pressure from my mum finally gave his away a couple of years ago. I would of taken it but shipping it over it seemed to much trouble. :cry: