Dynaudio Contour S1.4 vs Focus 160

So I purchased a new pair of Focus 160s from Douglas as a Christmas present to myself in 2011 and I've been thoroughly enjoying them since pairing them up with my Plinius Hautonga earlier this year. Now I've come across a pair of S1.4s selling for cheaper than what I paid for my 160s and I'm seriously considering upgrading.

My question is, would the S1.4s be a step up from the brand new Focus 160 line, considering the 160 utilizing newer hardware? Also I'm unaware of how old these S1.4s are, would it be worth going from brand new pair of 160s to older speakers?

Edited by h2oxide

I haven't heard the new Focus 160s but I've heard the Contours - when I was auditioning my Confidence C1s.

The C1s are a BIG step up from the Contours, IMHO. If you're contemplating a Dynaudio upgrade, that's what I'd be looking for too.

adrocks I could say the same thing about the focus and contour range, there's quiet a significant price difference (not 5g significant but still) and yet it seems the focus hold their own against the latter

The difference in this case is that the Focus range has only very recently been upgraded with the new model and it has virtually brought the standard up to the level of the [ much older ] Contour series.

No doubt Dynaudio will either drop the Contour range or significantly improve it in the future.

• Like 1