Invitation to the QAC Christmas Bash

Hi Guys

QAC would like to invite any SNA member to the QAC Christmas Grand Bash, initial details are

• This day is open to all SNA members plus their invited guests, along with the QAC members and their guests
  • Date: Saturday 15 December [all day]
  • Time 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
  • Draft Agenda ?
    • 10:00 am - Noon: "Bring-buy-barter-give away" session, all that old HiFi gear we horde but never use.
    • 12:00 - 1:00 pm - Lunch, steaks/snag etc provided by the club - non QAC member charge of $10/head
    • 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm: music [perhaps equipment demos] in the church - we'll provide all the audio equipment [to be organised … follow this thread].

The venue has a fenced garden and small kids play area for any children that may come along. We've also got the use of a small hall if needed on the side of the garden and the church has a gas barbie ready to go for the lunch plus there will be loads of shaded areas to hang out and "gas".

I'm suspecting a majority of us have drawers/cupboards and even sheds full of old audio gear, well the "Bring-buy-barter-give away" idea is a chance for you to recycle some of this stuff to others who might actually use it. This could be anything from a piece of wire to a full system, CD/DVD/LP etc.

This place is pretty big so the more the merrier, so PM me if you'd like to come along and I'll let you have location details - let me know how many and if you'd like lunch with us. I need lunch numbers so we can buy enough dead cow and don't worry veggies will be catered for.

Although this meet will be held in a church it is a nonsectarian event, rock and roll will be played loud and more soothing music will get an air for those of a more refined taste

Edited by greenie512

I've been to this place and it is a good venue.

Some may not like having such an event in a Church, but this is a modern building which is suitable for non-religious gatherings.

I do not think you will have to 'sign up' to get in either. QAC or the local Monastery!

Steven.

P.S

I assume greenie512 will give you the address if you PM him.

I had a visit into the church last week and it's smaller than I thought, 100 seated - so think 3 living rooms if that. So I'm thinking most systems would play reasonably well in this space. Also room acoustics are pretty good.

Okay, the possible systems to be played ….

(1) PhilG+Mick - the "ugly System" … 2 pair of Straight 4's … stacked as Straight 8 speakers [line array], this forms 8 x 8" drivers, +1 No Raul + 1 No Seas tweeter part passive XO/part full range per side - I did say ugly. NAD C 390DD amp + CAP2 server + iPad Remote

(2) PhilW - possible old pair of VAF I66

(3) AnthonyC - I can offer the large floor standers from Adelaide Speakers. I have a demo kit of the Luxman DA200 USB DAC and SGR el15s stereo amps that goes with it.

(4) RobL - Linn Sondek [we need a phono amp … offers please]

Edited by greenie512

Would like to go to this meet but don't know whether I am allowed or not. Have paid my fee to become a Qld audio club member but haven't received any emails or anything by the club to confirm this. Maybe the website administrator is on holidays or something. If someone could notify them or tell me who they are it would be great as I joined 1.5 weeks ago but no response yet?

Regards

Simon

Would like to go to this meet but don't know whether I am allowed or not. Have paid my fee to become a Qld audio club member but haven't received any emails or anything by the club to confirm this. Maybe the website administrator is on holidays or something. If someone could notify them or tell me who they are it would be great as I joined 1.5 weeks ago but no response yet?

Regards Simon

Oppps - kind of? - sorry for that Simon, PM sent.

The following is part of the "Month Notice" I've just sent out to QAC members. We'd really like to see any SNA members that can make it on the day ... so please come along if you can.

• Doors open 10:00 am for a bring/buy/give-away session
    • Please support this, I'm sure 90% of us have spare audio gear - well dust it off and bring it along. It'll either cause great amusement or someone might be very happy to buy it off you at a sensible price. Hey .... give away that really old gear.
    • This is an informal thing and I'll leave all transactions between individual members
    • I'd suggest sticking a label on gear with your name and price if any, so you can wander off and others can find and negotiate with you

[*]Lunch - circa 12:00 - 1:00 pm

[*]1:00 pm onwards - Music in the church

• AnthonyC is kindly providing a system based around - A pair of Adelaide Summoner floor standing speakers, SGR EL15S stereo amp [sGR racks] etc
    • AndrewH is providing a small system - Bryston amp, CDM 1nt bookshelf speakers and cambridge audio azur 540p phono stage
    • RobL - Linn Sondek
    • A few have offered phone stages for the Linn - please bring them along.
    • And finally the uggly system from myself and Mick - we'll probably have this up and running during the morning and hand over to the other systems in the afternoon
    • Also, any combination of the above with permission of the owners
    • Can a few of you put some interconnects/power cables/leads - extensions and blocks in your car if we need them?

• 5:00 pm - go home, you've had enough.