Bakoon SCA-7511 MK2 Amplifier - Brisbane loaner

In the spirit of sharing I thought I would throw this out there and see if anyone in the Brisbane area is interested.

I have had a trade in Bakoon SCA-7511 MK2 amplifier come in just recently. It is a compact little amplifier with an output of 15 watts. Rather than have it gathering dust at my place if there is anyone in the Brisbane area interested in having a listen to it over a week or so please send me a PM or an email and you can take it away and see what you think of it.

I won't bang on about why the Bakoon product have such a strong following in Japan and Korea it would be better for people to experience it for themselves.

You will need to have speakers that don't dip too much below 4 ohms and have a sensitivity of 90dB or higher. The amplifier is in very good condition so I would prefer people who take care of their gear.

I have had a number of SNA folk help me out from time to time so thought it was my turn to return the favor.

If you have any questions please feel free to post them.

Tony

post-111148-0-15992500-1351138938_thumb.

• Like 1

Hello Tony

What is the asking price for the Bakoon .

yassou

Hi Yassou,

I don't actually sell the Bakoon products from Japan. I sell the more contemporary looking Korean product. I just did this one as a trade in and thought I would share it around. I think this particular unit originally sold for about $3,500 - $4,000 when new.

I'm not trying to sell this unit. I just want to give people the opportunity to sample an amplifier that they may not of heard or get to hear very often.

Tony

Hi Yassou,

I don't actually sell the Bakoon products from Japan. I sell the more contemporary looking Korean product. I just did this one as a trade in and thought I would share it around. I think this particular unit originally sold for about $3,500 - $4,000 when new.

I'm not trying to sell this unit. I just want to give people the opportunity to sample an amplifier that they may not of heard or get to hear very often.

Tony

Hello Tony

I asked because I know someone who might be interested in it if it comes up for sale .

yassou

Hey Tony. Pity I'm in Sydney, because I'd love to hear this amp as well.

I do have a question you may be able to answer. What exactly is the difference between the Japanese and Korean Bakoons?

Is it just a matter of the case work is the circuitry subtly tweaked?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by cfcjb

Hi Tuyen,

I still haven't got my Bakoon yet, but all going to plan should have it in a couple of weeks. I'm off on holidays for a little bit after that but would be more than happy to bring it round for a listen. Will let you know when I get it.

Cheers Dave.

Bit biased but these Bakoon amplifiers are very good. I've heard this 15w several times and it is a great sounding unit. Can't go wrong if you have speakers that suit.

I've got the 50w model and that offers a bit more power but similar sonic signature.

Bakoons are insanely good, and that little 15watter makes magic hooked up to the right speakers, Pat at WAR Audio hooked it up to his Diannes and it blew me and Dave (Eagle) away, I also ran my B&W 805's with it and was entranced all night, it was that loaner that made me go down the Bakoon route, I now own a pair of 50w which are awesome, I'll never want for different amplification.

If you can get a loan of this amp from Tony then do yourself and go for it

Tuyen, give me a shout and I'll bring them over to hook up to your horns, I know we nearly did this one time but I own them now and so I'm happy to transport them over to you, where before they still belonged to Pat

• Like 1

Hey Tony. Pity I'm in Sydney, because I'd love to hear this amp as well.

I do have a question you may be able to answer. What exactly is the difference between the Japanese and Korean Bakoons?

Is it just a matter of the case work is the circuitry subtly tweaked?

Thanks in advance.

If I get enough interest in Sydney after Brisbane I will send it down to you if you like.

A few people are getting a bit confused about Bakoon Japan compared to Bakoon Korea so I will do my best to explain it as follows:

The Japan base is where the circuit designer (Akira Nagai) and the original development came from. The Korean partnership came about after Soo In Chae from Korea had built a few of the DIY circuit boards that can be purchased through Japan. They built up a bit of a friendship between them and a manufacturing agreement came about.

Soo In has been working at inheriting the knowledge of Akira Nagai who is now in his 60's. Soo In wanted to develop the circuit as far as it can be pushed from an optimization point of view. He also loves industrial design and wanted to bring the exterior up to more contemporary standards. So the Korean models have progressed a bit further along however Akira still over looks the design and gives it his personal approval.

So from an internal point of view the Bakoon from Korea is using the latest circuit development, with what they believe to be the best lay out including the separate power supply. From what I can see they have been a bit more selective with connectors, binding posts, caps and resistors. I have compared them side by side and the differences are certainly there but not in the way people expect. The best way to discribe it is that you can feel the emotional impact in greater ways. From a technical point of view they are very similar in every way. You can certainly tell that both are very much Bakoon products.

Both branches of Bakoon believe they can offer the customer different things so at this point in time they are operating side by side.

Like I said if we get a few more people in the Sydney area interested I will post it down to you first and work from there.

Hello Tony AA

Pat from WarAudio visited a friends place in Melbourne with a couple of Bakoons to try out . My friend really liked what he heard .

Are you the new distributor for the Korean based Bakoon amps .

yassou

Hi Yassou,

Yes I have become the distributor for the Korean Bakoon products.

Bakoons are insanely good, and that little 15watter makes magic hooked up to the right speakers, Pat at WAR Audio hooked it up to his Diannes and it blew me and Dave (Eagle) away, I also ran my B&W 805's with it and was entranced all night, it was that loaner that made me go down the Bakoon route, I now own a pair of 50w which are awesome, I'll never want for different amplification.

If you can get a loan of this amp from Tony then do yourself and go for it

Tuyen, give me a shout and I'll bring them over to hook up to your horns, I know we nearly did this one time but I own them now and so I'm happy to transport them over to you, where before they still belonged to Pat

Thanks Davey. Got to love the SNA network. Hopefully Tuyen will enjoy them with his horns.

If I get enough interest in Sydney after Brisbane I will send it down to you if you like.

A few people are getting a bit confused about Bakoon Japan compared to Bakoon Korea so I will do my best to explain it as follows:

The Japan base is where the circuit designer (Akira Nagai) and the original development came from. The Korean partnership came about after Soo In Chae from Korea had built a few of the DIY circuit boards that can be purchased through Japan. They built up a bit of a friendship between them and a manufacturing agreement came about.

Soo In has been working at inheriting the knowledge of Akira Nagai who is now in his 60's. Soo In wanted to develop the circuit as far as it can be pushed from an optimization point of view. He also loves industrial design and wanted to bring the exterior up to more contemporary standards. So the Korean models have progressed a bit further along however Akira still over looks the design and gives it his personal approval.

So from an internal point of view the Bakoon from Korea is using the latest circuit development, with what they believe to be the best lay out including the separate power supply. From what I can see they have been a bit more selective with connectors, binding posts, caps and resistors. I have compared them side by side and the differences are certainly there but not in the way people expect. The best way to discribe it is that you can feel the emotional impact in greater ways. From a technical point of view they are very similar in every way. You can certainly tell that both are very much Bakoon products.

Both branches of Bakoon believe they can offer the customer different things so at this point in time they are operating side by side.

Like I said if we get a few more people in the Sydney area interested I will post it down to you first and work from there.

Hey Tony.

Thanks so much for the detailed information on the difference, or lack there of, between the two Bakoons.

I'd definitely be interested in hearing the Bakoon down here in Sydney. Are there any other takers??

R,

J.

Hi AudioAddiction

I heard there is a 70 watt amp and new dac coming out from Korea , do you know the time frame on these.

cheers ld

They have just signed off the new designs which include a DAC, Phono Stage, Preamp, an Integrated Amplifier and 200 watt mono blocks. I think they are aiming to have some or all of these out early next year.