Jake

Random cars of interest

I note that the Vic Cops are °testing° the BMW M5 Competition in the highway patrol fleet. 460kw..750nm..

6 hours ago, The Fez said:

I note that the Vic Cops are °testing° the BMW M5 Competition in the highway patrol fleet. 460kw..750nm..

I always wonder about people trying to escape cops on the highway. Don't the car drivers realise the cops have their rego numbers and addresses? (Some exceptions of course.)

On ‎16‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 1:18 PM, GregWormald said:

I always wonder about people trying to escape cops on the highway. Don't the car drivers realise the cops have their rego numbers and addresses? (Some exceptions of course.)

Yep, you can't out run a police radio. Or a police helicopter.

I didn't think I'd ever own Bang & Olufsen Hi Fi, but now I have a 14 speaker surround system. The 8200 rpm V8 sounds a whole lot better. Glorious :party

rs5.jpg.0915242d533b89a8a87cc98d6ea1b5f5.jpg

Bucket list car. Not that I'm planning on kicking the bucket anytime soon.

57 minutes ago, DRC said:

I didn't think I'd ever own Bang & Olufsen Hi Fi, but now I have a 14 speaker surround system. The 8200 rpm V8 sounds a whole lot better. Glorious :party

rs5.jpg.0915242d533b89a8a87cc98d6ea1b5f5.jpg

Bucket list car. Not that I'm planning on kicking the bucket anytime soon.

I like, lot’s.....!!!!:wub:

RS or S?

Perhaps you can scare me in October through the Vale....

It is the RS5... We'll have to go for a drive when you visit. Last of the naturally aspirated V8's. An E9x M3 would have been another option but the RS5 is much prettier in an understated way. No bulges, flares and vents; it attracts a whole lot less attention.

14 minutes ago, DRC said:

It is the RS5... We'll have to go for a drive when you visit. Last of the naturally aspirated V8's. An E9x M3 would have been another option but the RS5 is much prettier in an understated way. No bulges, flares and vents; it attracts a whole lot less attention.

A mate had an RS4, V8 soundtrack to die for and those massive disc brakes.

I cannot wait for a spin.

25 minutes ago, DRC said:

Last of the naturally aspirated V8's. 

👍

1 hour ago, DRC said:

It's still going to attract attention......it's gorgeous!👌

Or did you mean from the cops?😄

26 minutes ago, stevoz said:

It's still going to attract attention......it's gorgeous!👌

Or did you mean from the cops?😄

I guess Steve it doesn't have the 'look at me' bling of many of the Euro heavy hitters like the C63 AMG and M Series Beemers (all awesome cars BTW). It is indeed gorgeous, and could easily be mistaken for a pretty suburban 4 cyl commuter. I like the concept of subdued car design.

And I don't need attention from the police :/

On ‎16‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 6:37 AM, The Fez said:

And they used to have a BMW 530D in NSW

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-08-29/police-chase-ends-in-bmw-patrol-car-in-flames/11461722

There is a lesson there about parking (or stopping) a modern car in long grass. I heard a similar story about 20 years ago with a very expensive Jaguar on loan to a journalist. The Jag was driven through some thick lawn clippings on a wet road the clippings dispersed themselves into the engine bay. An outright fire was avoided but the car was smoking when stopped for fuel.