Jake

Random cars of interest

That is one pretty E type. Red leather interior,  noice!

E type was one of my favourites when I was a kid. I spent hours drawing cars and car spotting while on family road trips.  I also liked the XJS and XJ sedans. XJ sedan has suffered the most I think. The rear overhang looks too much now.

23 hours ago, Powerglide said:

Wow, so much sexier than any new sports car on the market. 

Reterosound also do repop's for the Aussie classics, I've got one in my Prem 

IMG_0414.thumb.PNG.8d93cc3baec1bcc17df1a7b58ba55380.PNG

And I used RetroSound in my NA MX-5 for a minimalist look.

I have absolutely no need for one, but I really want a new Suzuki Jimny. The reviews for this new model have been really positive.

05_suzuki_jimny.jpg

35 minutes ago, mikizee said:

I have absolutely no need for one, but I really want a new Suzuki Jimny. The reviews for this new model have been really positive.

05_suzuki_jimny.jpg

Cute!

Just thought I'd throw this one up. I used to own this car, for about eight years.....the Sprintex Magna (prototype). Sprintex Supercharged 3.5l V6, 225 kW, 422 Nm, AWD, lowered and lots of fun....and there is only one. It featured in the April '05 issue of Wheels and also on a stand at the Melbourne Motor Show in '04. The blower died (lube line detatched) about 18 months ago and I sold the car back to the guy I bought it off. He is now doing a full restore.....

These are some of my photo's of it. NB: Not the original wheels but the new owner has sourced a complete set of the original 5 spoke alloys.

Gee, I miss this car. It was so sweet! 👌

Image result for sprintex magna wheels magazine2004 Mitsubishi Sprintex Magna VRX AWD Supercharged
2004 Mitsubishi Sprintex Magna VRX AWD Supercharged

I had a soft spot for the awd when I worked there. Even in standard form they were a great thing and alot of fun was had in them during development. 

'Word' had it that one of the marketing managers stockpiled almost a dozen awd prototypes in a hidden back block of the Tailem Bend proving ground for a rainy day when we could mule up newer versions or do something interesting with them.... Unfortunately, the 'drought' remained and they were discovered by the toe cutters and  all crushed during the clean up there before sale of the proving ground. 

What MMAL achieved with little or no support from the parent company was a credit to the people there (AWD was one example). 

They basically engineered the aluminium crossmember from scratch in what I heard was just a matter of months. 

Edited by christosd

19 minutes ago, christosd said:

I had a soft spot for the awd when I worked there. Even in standard form they were a great thing and alot of fun was had in them during development. 

'Word' had it that one of the marketing managers stockpiled almost a dozen awd prototypes in a hidden back block of the Tailem Bend proving ground for a rainy day when we could mule up newer versions or do something interesting with them.... Unfortunately, the 'drought' remained and they were discovered by the toe cutters and  all crushed during the clean up there before sale of the proving ground. 

What MMAL achieved with little or no support from the parent company was a credit to the people there (AWD was one example). 

They basically engineered the aluminium crossmember from scratch in what I heard was just a matter of months. 

I can't believe they crushed them! 😫

You're right about what MMAL achieved in their last years....after the Sprintex went, I bought a Mits 380 Platinum. It's a wonderful car, one of the best this country has produced I would say.....and on a shoestring budget.👍

PS: The guy doing the Sprintex restore has a 380 motor (3.8l) to put in it.....that motor supercharged is really going to move!🙏

Edited by stevoz

I worked on noise vibration harshness for 380. I know that car inside out and still have my s1 vrx that I grabbed on my way out. Body and paint is a bit rough from my wife driving it to her northern suburbs job and it copping car park dings from being such a wide car. But it has sat in the shed for the last 5 years waiting for my son to learn how to drive. 

I know others might not see it as a car of interest but I haven't found anyone (other than people who have a clear and illogical bias against mitsis) that haven't enjoyed driving them. They eat miles on interstate drives unlike any other car in its class. 

13 minutes ago, christosd said:

I worked on noise vibration harshness for 380. I know that car inside out and still have my s1 vrx that I grabbed on my way out. Body and paint is a bit rough from my wife driving it to her northern suburbs job and it copping car park dings from being such a wide car. But it has sat in the shed for the last 5 years waiting for my son to learn how to drive. 

I know others might not see it as a car of interest but I haven't found anyone (other than people who have a clear and illogical bias against mitsis) that haven't enjoyed driving them. They eat miles on interstate drives unlike any other car in its class. 

Agree. I travel the Calder Freeway from Castlemaine to Melbourne frequently these days and it's a pleasure in the 380. I have to say the standard sound system is quite impressive as well! I love how solid and tight the 380 is. Mine was 11 years old when I bought it and it felt like a new car.....and still does. Toy tab construction.....genius!👌

..time for a redux....

05_suzuki_jimny.jpg&key=c03f35fd9cd50520218d05c718a575dd2c0f65f5edc1ecd0120fc9d8e0637b43

Suzuki Jimny 2019 handed three-star ANCAP safety rating.

In this day and age, surely that’s unacceptable.

31 minutes ago, barn door said:

Suzuki Jimny 2019 handed three-star ANCAP safety rating.

In this day and age, surely that’s unacceptable.

The rating system was changed.

Three stars now is not the same as three stars before.

I can't seem to see any evidence of tools or trades person related items anywhere in this vehicle?? Must be used for other purposes...

DSC_0100.JPG

DSC_0101.JPG