Jake

Random cars of interest

Yup--limitless--0-100kph instantaneously! Stops on a dime!!

(Shame about the mushed passengers.:ninja:)

Oh, they were exaggerating?:oops:

hmmmm...are the french peugeot citroen twins to make a come back ?

we heard citroen was to have a proper sedan... looks like peugoet version is now out in the new 508

2018-peugeot-508-681.jpg

2018-peugeot-508-548.jpg

2018-peugeot-508-244.jpg

looks rather swish inside and out I must say...

good to see peugeot and hopefully citroen making hopefully a come back in family sedan space...

we certainly need to see some more interesting cars ...rather than just SUVs ! 

Well, after a long long time of none of these cars being on the market in Australia... all of a sudden we have two.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/lexus/lfa/

Yep, the Lexus LFA. The ultimate car of my dreams, and the best sounding car on earth. The cheapest one can be had for a cool million. Should I win the 30 mil Powerball this thursday, I will be buying BOTH of them. 

And here's a video on why it is awesome. Skip to 11:45 to hear it in all its glory.

Edited by mikizee

3 minutes ago, mikizee said:

Well, after a long long time of none of these cars being on the market in Australia... all of a sudden we have two.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/lexus/lfa/

Yep, the Lexus LFA. The ultimate car of my dreams, and the best sounding car on earth. The cheapest one can be had for a cool million. Should I win the 30 mil Powerball this thursday, I will be buying BOTH of them. 

And here's a video on why it is awesome. 

I saw a black one of these about 2 years ago in the Shell servo on Grand Junction Rd at Hope Valley (in Adelaide for the interstaters!)

The number plate was LFA from memory.

Had a young chap at the wheel. I gave him a thumbs up as I walked past :)

3 minutes ago, Darryl said:

I saw a black one of these about 2 years ago in the Shell servo on Grand Junction Rd at Hope Valley (in Adelaide for the interstaters!)

The number plate was LFA from memory.

Had a young chap at the wheel. I gave him a thumbs up as I walked past :)

I've seen that one! He was driving sedately sadly. 

Edited by mikizee

Oh yeah, and here's a doco on the LFA and how it was built.

The Lite Stout! -- What a beast....The tradies choice back in the day..Now ya gotta go to the job in ya $70k Amarok or sum such thumping big ute mate!...

DSC_1243.JPG

DSC_1242.JPG

......another beauty -- with original rust...

DSC_1167.JPG

Thought some of you might enjoy some pics the powerglide 

Originaly sold in Dee Why back in 68 the first owner traded it back to the dealer in 1970. Second owner traded his FE in for $750 and purchased the Premier for $1850 and keep it for 35years putting a mere 60,000 miles on her. After developing alzheimer's and becoming invincible one of his last drives saw the car end up in a tree. 

While watching the Tigers win the grand final in 2005 the owners spouse asked a neighbour if he could take the car before something more serious happened. He garaged the car and took the guy driving every other weekend for five years until he passed away. So essentially a one owner car when I got her in 2010.

I'm not a holden "head in the sand" guy and like most old cars from the sixties and seventies especially holden and in particular this series, I've had the trifecta HK HT HG 

it came with a bit of an exhaust tick up front so I put a set of extractors on and a 2"" stainless system all the way back. 68 was the first time you could option all aspects of the build, their claim was over a million combinations and no two HK's were identical. Extractors were a common option on the 186/powerglide combo as it increased power and reduced fuel consumption. Appart from a new radio that's all I've had to do to her. The original Air Chief was gone so I found a repop digital and upgraded the single oval speaker to a twin cone, nothing in the back.

got to like priorities back then, no seat belts just his and hers ashtrays for the kids in the back

IMG_0264.JPG

IMG_0268.JPG

IMG_0269.JPG

IMG_0270.JPG

IMG_0276.JPG

IMG_0277.JPG

Edited by Powerglide

@Powerglide Very nice car. Great pics, looks to be in remarkable original condition. With original number plate..Ho'w the rust situation? Is that some on the rear window surround

Not too bad Fez, like I said I'd had a few before this one so know the common  problem areas to check which were all sound.

There are drain holes in the bottom of each door and the four guards if these are blocked, or worse, bogged up there will be problems, floor pans and the spare wheel well are also normal contenders. If all above checks out the chassis shoud be fine but still worth a look, the curved box section behind the front wheels are normally where they start. 

60% of this car has original paint, the roof has been resprayed at some stage, good job but poor prep, neglected to properly remove all surface rust and some discolouration is happening under the paint. Also neglected to remove the glass and address the seals, as spotted water has got behind the trim and began to eat things up. There were a couple poorly fixed thumb nail sized blisters resurfacing, one at the bottom rear of the front passenger door and one on the front bottom of the passenger front guard, I ground them out straight away to see how bad they were, stuff all. I cleaned them up hit them with rust converter, bondo and good quality primer, so small and close to the Hacienda blue I've just left it until I decide what to do paintwise. I quite like it warts and all, couple of touch ups don't match 100% but she still presents well, I use it and don't have to worry too much about other people's ignorance or washing every weekend.

I will definitely be popping the screens and re doing the roof soonish. 

There is a major cosmetic indifference with my Premier, can any Holden buffs pick it 

IMG_0280.JPG

IMG_0279.JPG

IMG_0266.JPG

IMG_0272.JPG