Sign in to follow this  
Jake

Random cars of interest

On 07/11/2017 at 1:21 PM, aasza said:

So if anyone needs to get down to the shops really quickly Koenigsegg has the solution

The Agera RS is now officially worlds fastest production car after it clocked in at 284 mph (457 kmph) :lol:

01-koenigsegg-agera-rs-geneva-1.jpg

I thought about posting this here myself and then I thought “ I have been faster than this heaps of times”, we all have every time we catch a commercial flight.

So, it’s all very impressive travelling that fast on the ground but at some point that car should just take off and get on its way to a proper destination. :-)

Amazing how fast it's going before it shifts into top gear!!

....that road can' t be in Australia. We have pot holes and mining blast shockwave fissures.

On 11/10/2017 at 6:40 PM, Briz Vegas said:

....that road can' t be in Australia. We have pot holes and mining blast shockwave fissures.

It's a closed off road in Nevada.

Edited by aasza

:)New Tesla Roadster announced today - details: 1.9 seconds for 0 to 60mph 4.2 seconds for 0 to 100mph. It can handle a quarter mile in 8.9 seconds.

3 motors, so not only AWD but also torque vectoring

Rather brisk. I want (but can never afford)

4 hours ago, proftournesol said:

:)New Tesla Roadster announced today - details: 1.9 seconds for 0 to 60mph 4.2 seconds for 0 to 100mph. It can handle a quarter mile in 8.9 seconds.

Announcements of performance for items 2 years before production may or may not be believable.

Two things I'm anticipating about this--

1. Putting that much performance on the road surface may be more of a challenge than expected without incurring insane cost/km for tyres. The acceleration quoted exceeds the usual for a Formula One car and their tyres last about 150km.

2. We'll see lots of crash videos on YouTube. :)

Edited by GregWormald

It was announced as a prototype I think, but announcing it 2 years early isn't that unusual and is in line with what Porsche has done with the Mission E. I agree that tyre shredding could be a real issue. The torque vectoring is exciting though

I have the solution. To the tyre shredding I mean. “Rubber” sprays in the wheel arch.

Before you pull up turn the car to “ maximum plaid”.

A spray in the wheel arch adds either rubber or contact adhesive to the tyre surface. I call this “ putting down the starting blocks”.

The car comes to a halt on either extra rubber or some optimally grippy tyre surface.

Hit the go peddle and the driver and his passenger instantly lose their lunch.

Tesla need to concentrate on the driving experience from the rest of the car. This car does not need self steering, it needs progressive communicative steering and chuckable balance, despite all the weight that it would be carrying around with 200kw of current gen batteries.

On 06/11/2017 at 1:21 PM, aasza said:

Surprisingly similar experience but more smiles in the Citroen.

Edited by Briz Vegas

On 11/7/2017 at 2:21 PM, aasza said:

So if anyone needs to get down to the shops really quickly Koenigsegg has the solution

The Agera RS is now officially worlds fastest production car after it clocked in at 284 mph (457 kmph) :lol:

01-koenigsegg-agera-rs-geneva-1.jpg

I'd take that bet and reckon I'd  just about pants it in my son's 1999 Forester in race to a local supermarket :winky:

On 11/17/2017 at 5:06 PM, proftournesol said:

3 motors, so not only AWD but also torque vectoring

Rather brisk. I want (but can never afford)

Apart from 0-60 times are there any vids of any Teslas doing laps of circuits? Id love to see some.

After all that's what driving is about.