Sign in to follow this  

Has anyone got any experience with the recent range of NAD receivers?

I like the idea of the Modular Design Construction (MDC). With the rate that tech changes, I figure having some way to update components down the line couldn't be a bad thing, or is this a marketing ploy that I should be wary of?

I'm looking at replacing the bulk of my system over the next few months, and while it will largely be for music, home theatre is definitely something I want to consider. With that in mind, if you think something like a T757 or T777 is a bit of overkill and have other suggestions, I'm all ears.

Cheers,

HI StealthTurtle, welcome aboard. NAD are nice receivers, as are Cambridge though I would say that Arcam are better than both (but also much more expensive). An NAD or Cambridge will do a good job with HT and a pretty fair job for music but if you after an upgrade from pretty fair to good you should look at the option to use an integrated amp for stereo and control it via a HT bypass for HT. Have a read of a few recent posts as this has been discussed in a few posts over the last fortnight or so.

If you would like some specific recommendations give us an idea of the size of the budget you have to work with.

Cheers!

With nad / Cambridge or arcam receivers I would stay away from previous versions as all have had some bug issues. The current releases latest hdmi v1.4 3D capable latest gen units I believe are in the clear. I would still get on a lemon warranty with anything like this. Ie full refund / return if thing is a pig for some reason.

Re the modular design for the upper nad stuff. The plug in modules are expensive. Like with lot of makers that provide this its just cheaper sometimes to sell up buy the new model instead.

I'm using NAD.

Agreed that you're unlikely to buy new modules - too expensive. The sound was, to my ear, more natural than the equivalent Marantz & Yamaha offerings and my budget was $3k.

Functionally my NAD has been perfect.

Thanks for the replies.

Good to hear about the modules. I wasn't sure about them. In theory they sound like a great idea.

I'm going to have to think on it for a bit before I buy anyway, but I'm leaning towards NAD or Harman Kardon I think.

Hi   i got the T777 and i love it , i use it for Movies (bluray) also for Multichannel audio on sacd and HD  and even in 2 channel it has that nice warm sound that nad 

is known for.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Niraj.shr
      Item: Budget CD Player in good working order
      Price Range: 150 - 350
      Item Condition: Used
      Extra Info: Looking for a good condition used CD player from reputable brands - NAD, Rotel, Marantz, Denon etc. Currently using a cheap Sony cd player model CDP-397 and looking to upgrade to a better player. Bought a 5 disc sony player recently and had to get rid of it as it produced a loud hum.
      I am in Perth (6060) Thank you.

• By glennb
      Item Condition: Very Good Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Essendon State: Victoria Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: NLR Further information:  Last of the HT room clear out is the NAD T175 HD surround processor which I've owned since new (RRP of $4,000 at the time). Full working order and has been the reliable centre piece of the HT room for many years. Comes with brand new HTR 8 learning remote control, audyssey Mic and power cable.

Only known issue is that is has some crackling and popping and odd volume output when using the volume knob on the front (typical of a lot of NAD gear apparently). Using the remote volume control though it's fine. 

This model (and serial number) is suitable for the VM300 4k passthrough MDC upgrade as well as the AM230 for Dolby Atmos 11.2 outputs if you wanted to create a 4K Atmos NAD surround processor for a bargain price!

Features:
      Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio decoding and Sigma Designs advanced VXP video processing
      7.2 Channel output (2 sub outs)
      Audyssey MultiEQ XT room correction
      Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ
      4 HDMI Inputs, 1 HDMI Out (HDMI 1.3)

Photos: 

• By Tobiwan
      Item Condition: Second hand Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Taylors lakes State: Victoria Payment Method: paypal, EFT, cash on pick up Reason for selling: upgrading Further information: 

Cambridge Audio AZUR 651R, purchased 6 years ago. Been serviced a year ago, works well in very good condition.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By thecoffeegent
      Hey guy's,

I need some help. I recently picked up a NAD T758 v3 receiver and set aside today to do the Dirac Live room correction. After hours i still cannot get a measurement it will use.
      I'm using the supplied mic on tripod stand and have tried it plugged into the T758 (as suggested by NAD) and also via my PC. 

The issue:
      Every time i run a measurement point (Test tones from each speaker), at the end i get a Low Signal to Noise ratio error message, regardless of which point i'm measuring and what volume everything is set at etc (I've tried almost all volume options!). The rooms quiet. no other appliances are running except the amp and my PC. I also leave the room during the measurement. 

The one time i was able to get enough measurement points successfully recorded, it failed during the filter design stage with an error saying the measurements were too poor quality.

I've tried another calibration microphone (KRKSystems) with the exact same results as above.

I've also tried it through the iOS app. Again, same issues.

Has anyone else experienced this or have some suggestions?

Thanks.
    • By Dbuns
      Item Condition: 10/10 Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Kambah State: Australian Capital Territory Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Upgraded NLR Further information: 

It was purchased December 2018, so it is a little over a year old now. Still plenty of Warranty left on it. Has not had much use it was driving 4 ATMOS speakers. Upgraded my receiver so no longer require the power amp.

It is in perfect condition, coming from a smoke free home. No scratches or dents to be seen.

Comes with all original paperwork.

Unfortunately a demo is not available in the current virus circumstances. I can however provide a video of fully functioning amp.

The CI 940 has 4 channels of clean low distortion power set up in a 2 stereo zone configuration. Boasting 35 watts of continuous power per channel, the CI 940 is designed to drive low impedance speakers and long wire runs. Vanishingly low distortion and near absence of noise allow the music to emerge from a ‘black’ background that enhances stereo perspective and allows the subtle details of the music to be heard clearly.

Four channels of clean, low distortion power set up in two stereo zone configuration 35W x 4 @ 8 Ohms/4 Ohms 70W x 2 @ 8 Ohms in Bridge Mode Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.