Older loewe tv

Hi guys,

I picked up a Loewe Xelos sl 37'' from an auction today, and i'm having a bit of trouble with it. It's an older model no hdmi ect, and it has a separate component unit that plugs into it, which has an sd card reader and a set of component inputs.

Anyways when i plug the blu ray player in using the component cables the image is very blurry. I've tried changing the resolution from the blu ray player but it didn't make any difference. I don't know what the resolution capabilities of the tv are?

Anyone have any ideas on why the picture is so fuzzy?

Edited by Bus_Boy

Your Blu Ray player may be outputting a signal incompatible with your TV. For example it may be outputting a progressive signal to an interlaced only TV. You need to match the Blu Ray player to the TV. The reason I asked about the SCARTS is that I have A TV where you can assign either RGB or Component input to the SCART, AS you are using the seperate Component Inputs then maybe this is not relevant.

Hi guys,

I picked up a Lowew Xelos sl 37'' from an auction today, and i'm having a bit of trouble with it. It's an older model no hdmi ect, and it has a separate component unit that plugs into it, which has an sd card reader and a set of component inputs.

Anyways when i plug the blu ray player in using the component cables the image is very blurry. I've tried changing the resolution from the blu ray player but it didn't make any difference. I don't know what the resolution capabilities of the tv are?

Dan,

As long as your component cables are correctly plugged (RGB) into the unit, the next option is to check the resolution being 'output' by your blu ray player.

My guess is that you have it outputting @ 1080p, when the Loewe's native resolution is most likely around 576i or 480p.

Try resetting the output resolution (on the bluray player) to a lower figure and that ought to help fix the problem.

Sure, you won't end up with the best picture quality, but even at 576/480 you'll have a fabulous picture.

I use the above settings on my Panasonic CRT as well as an older Loewe when viewing HD material.

Good luck !!

I had an old model and used the scart connections. There is no way I could figure out what to do without the manual. Every time I moved it took me at least half a day to get the TV and VCR and DVD working.

See if you can get a manual somewhere. Loewe is sold by Len Wallis, maybe they can help.

Dan,

As long as your component cables are correctly plugged (RGB) into the unit, the next option is to check the resolution being 'output' by your blu ray player.

My guess is that you have it outputting @ 1080p, when the Loewe's native resolution is most likely around 576i or 480p.

Try resetting the output resolution (on the bluray player) to a lower figure and that ought to help fix the problem.

Sure, you won't end up with the best picture quality, but even at 576/480 you'll have a fabulous picture.

I use the above settings on my Panasonic CRT as well as an older Loewe when viewing HD material.

Good luck !!

I'll have to have another tinker with it tommorow. I tried changing the resolution on the brp right down the to lowest setting, but the image was still very choppy, also a bit of the image seems to be cut off from the bottom. Sounds works fine though!! I hope i can get a somewhat decent image out of it, it was a bit of an impulse buy, having seen the brand before and the price tags that go with it, no one was bidding and i said $200 and ending up getting it and thought i'd put it in the bedroom. It looks to have had minimal use and i'm sure it's just a setup issue that i'm not familiar with being a slightly older model, from 2006 i believe.

Edited by Bus_Boy

Feel free to PM if you're still struggling today.

I'd also try the settings on the TV (it may be preset to interlaced, but is receiving a progressive signal from the BRP)

That is why you're getting a choppy pic, I think.

Warm regards,

Russ.

PS: Nothing wrong with an impulse buy...........most of my A/V collection is.

Hi guys,

I picked up a Loewe Xelos sl 37'' from an auction today, and i'm having a bit of trouble with it. It's an older model no hdmi ect, and it has a separate component unit that plugs into it, which has an sd card reader and a set of component inputs.

I own a Loewe Aventus that ised in the second TV room...still have all the documents...use a SCART cable and have never had an issue...even moving every year for the last 6 years. PM me if I can help out in any way...Rob

Hi BB , I have a Xelos 26 and it does have one HDMI INPUT.

I wonder if the one you have was a grey import or brought over here by the owner.

International Dynamics were the Loewe importer when the Xelos was new so I would give them a call : http://www.internati...ynamics.com.au/

PS : LOEWE'S are menu driven, from memory, you have to drill down through the menu's to 'Connections' and assign an input and the signal type it will recieve.

Edited by Ozcall

Hi BB , I have a Xelos 26 and it does have one HDMI INPUT.

I wonder if the one you have was a grey import or brought over here by the owner.

International Dynamics were the Loewe importer when the Xelos was new so I would give them a call : http://www.internati...ynamics.com.au/

PS : LOEWE'S are menu driven, from memory, you have to drill down through the menu's to 'Connections' and assign an input and the signal type it will recieve.

Yep, way to go with this... The scart connectors at back offer different combinations of output - RGB, comp etc. you have to get the right one ... + set right ouput from BD player.

Woo hoo got it sorted !!!

I think i was getting mixed up using rgb out and component input, and not setting the output right from the blu ray player. Finally matched it up right, rgb output / input and changed the dics settings to rgb and voila theres the picture !! In the tv's settings though it's still saying the input signal is at 1920 x 1080, how it figures that though when it's resolution is only 1366 x 728 (or something like that..) I set the output on the blu ray to 1080i. Maybe i'll play around with it a bit more later but for now very happy !!

Thanks guy's

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
2 minutes ago, Aidas Ivanauskas said:

Can somebody help me?

I bought LOEWE XELOS A 26, and there is no sound when it is connected to HDMI...

I tried everything I cam imagine, but nothing helped.

P.S. When it is connected to SCART - sound is OK.

What device is sending the signal over HDMI to this TV and type of audio format?

JSmith :ninja: