Hello from AV Domain :)

Guest AV Domain

Guest AV Domain

Long time reader and first time poster and finally it got the better of me, I hope to be hanging around a bit and look forward to some interesting discussions.

Some of you may know of me others may have heard rumors but I scrap all that I'm here to say hi.

A little about me personally, I've been working at AV Domain for coming on six years now...yikes! My main role being that of intergration, system design and programming automation systems (ask me anything).

Before that I have a very heavy IT background and before that I worked for Laser Light and Sound through my teenage years (family) and then on and off as needed up to the point it become what it as known as today, The Beetle Bar.

But I do love my hifi :) and I know what I like, well at least what my ears like anyway.

adios for now,

Cassidy Ferguson

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Cassidy, nice to have you here and I hope you enjoy your stay.

Anything?................what's intergration? :P

Cheers,

Keith

What's integration? What's integration! Integration is everything, that's what integration is!

Welcome to the boards mate.

Reaction?

Oh, right, sorry about that my mistake. I'll just go and park my high horse back in his stable and come back down to earth. You do understand my reaction though, right?

No need to apologise, Cafad................Cassidy did say to ask anything. :P I'm not sure about your reaction though, so what is there to understand?

Cheers,

Keith

Guest AV Domain

Reaction?

No need to apologise, Cafad................Cassidy did say to ask anything. :P I'm not sure about your reaction though, so what is there to understand?

Cheers,

Keith

I was half expecting to get something profound, that has baffled man kind since the dawn of time and would leave me with a headache just reading it and I don't mean something like the meaning of life because we all know that answer.

Nice to be onboard here...I think, ask me again in a month

I was half expecting to get something profound, that has baffled man kind since the dawn of time and would leave me with a headache just reading it and I don't mean something like the meaning of life because we all know that answer.

Nice to be onboard here...I think, ask me again in a month

I hope you're still enjoying being here in a month, Cassidy, but as you say, we know the answer to the meaning of life............I was just wondering what intergration was? :P

Cheers,

Keith

Guest AV Domain

I hope you're still enjoying being here in a month, Cassidy, but as you say, we know the answer to the meaning of life............I was just wondering what intergration was? :P

Cheers,

Keith

In a nutshell, bringing multiple services and applications together to perform a common task.

Lighting Control + Matrix Audio & Video + Access Control = Made so you can enter your house, disarm your alarm, the house knows it is you based on the code you entered so then turns the TV onto the channel you like to watch and the lights turn on lighting up the areas which you use when you get home based on the time you enter said code :)

no wonder they call you Cheeky ;)

Hi Steve, well that's not actually where it comes from, but that's a story for another day. ;) It was meant to be a friendly dig and a joke in the first instance, but I think it went sailing several yards over quite a few heads here! :D

Cheers,

Keith

Yeah only more smarter!

;)

grammar sponsored by F7

Hi Cassidy, no offence intended and as I said above, it was meant as a friendly dig in the first instance, but it missed the mark unfortunately. My use of the term integration would be more related to the blending of components in a two channel sound system for instance, rather than the description you gave of what you do, but I can appreciate how you do that, although I think it would be largely wasted on an old Luddite like myself. :)

Cheers,

Keith

Guest AV Domain

Hi Cassidy, no offence intended and as I said above, it was meant as a friendly dig in the first instance, but it missed the mark unfortunately. My use of the term integration would be more related to the blending of components in a two channel sound system for instance, rather than the description you gave of what you do, but I can appreciate how you do that, although I think it would be largely wasted on an old Luddite like myself. :)

Cheers,

Keith

It'll take a lot more than that to offend me :nana

The same old Luddite who just put a high tech miniDSP into my system!

Yeah David, like I want the bloody TV to turn on when I arrive home!! I watch TV very rarely mate and when I do, I can operate the on/off button okay. :P Now, miniDSP is another story and that has to do with two channel audio, not Audio Video integration, but we're only scratching the surface of the capability of that little device though.

Cheers,

Keith