Sign in to follow this  
SJB

Onkyo has reached output limit

I have only just stumbled onto this thread. I would like to ask SJB, if he is still around, if he had problems with the remote. Apparently Onkyo AV remotes of that time were notorious for just conking out. I want to do a bit of adjustment with mine, and the bugger will not work.

Re the AV itself, I note a lot of negative comment surfaced in this thread.

FWIW, I love the Onkyo AV sound, and have never found apparent volume an issue.

Does anyone have any clues about rebooting the remote.

ZM.

just grab a universal remote probably easiest solution :)

Hi I to have just seen this thread. I was wondering if the  Integra Avrs tell porky's about their power ratings as well?

Hi I to have just seen this thread. I was wondering if the  Integra Avrs tell porky's about their power ratings as well?

yes, as do yamaha, pioneer, marantz, denon, sony and the like.

you'll find the likes of rotel, nad, harman kardon, arcam, cambridge pretty honest and conservative in their ratings.

the big give away is the max consumption stated in specs and sometimes stamped on back of the amps...as obviously cant output more power from an amp than it consumes...

some makers will claim one or two channels driven rather than all channels driven. some will claim power claim with cr@p distortion or just at 1khz ! 

I would disregard power claims personally keeping in mind its not the quantity but the quality thats the important thing. otherwise we would all buy PA amps and be happy :D

Thanks al

Edited by imoza

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By oztayls
      Price: $50 Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: Chisholm State: New South Wales Payment Method: Paypal, Cash, Bank deposit Reason for selling: Spares no longer required Further information: 
      $50 each driver

1) 2 x Richter Wizard Mk1 Magnavox drivers (Australian Made). Tested

2) 1 x Philips tweeter, tested. These are super rare now.
      AD 11610 T8 2422 257 43505 DD 03 948 72 Philips, Made in Belgium  
      Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By ExCaLiBur9
      Hi guys. Another help me choose thread. I am currently building my house and planning to have a 5.2.2 setup in my theatre room. Room measurements are 4240mm X 3080mm, ground floor of a 2 storey home in Sydney North West. My current speakers are all Richter MK4 speakers. Have not decided on a AV Receiver yet as the build still have a few months to go but leaning towards a Sony STR-DN1080. Usage would be 80% movies and 20% music. I am looking to get a pair of ceiling speakers for atmos use. My budget is around $500 but can be stretched if necessary. Any suggestions on ceiling speakers that I should look into, which would be a match for my current setup?

Reading through some other forums, I am considering the below, but this is only based on my limited research.

1. https://www.selby.com.au/pair-of-8in-angled-glass-fibre-ceiling-speakers-xd8205b-x2.html
      2. https://www.customht.com.au/products/ns-ic800?variant=14009024544820&currency=AUD&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google+shopping&gclid=CjwKCAiAj-_xBRBjEiwAmRbqYqUTjJD_qtRPY4ljtjTx-S0A6j8l8A5j_XWP0sUXE43JjFZ6SquQbxoC5rYQAvD_BwE

Appreciate any help. Thank you. 
    • By ajricho
      Item: Richter Wizard Mk II speakers
      Price: $190 negotiable
      Item Condition: Good. Tweeter and mid-range drivers replaced-details below
      Reason for selling: These were my parents speakers-selling on their behalf. They have moved into a retirement home and no room for them. Unfortunately also too big for my house
      Payment Method: PayPal, Cash - Pickup
      Extra Info: As mentioned, these were my parents speakers - they bought from new in 1996. They had problems with them in the early years of ownership, with the tweeter and mid-range drivers replaced on each by Richter under warranty. The original drivers may not have been available as they are different. The tweeter in each is a Vifa TC20TD05-06. Mid-range in each is a Vifa P17WJ-00-08. The Woofers weren't replaced and still original Audax HT170G2. The speakers are fully functional and the cabinets and covers are in very good original condition

• By StereoInOz
      I have a set of vintage Excalibur's and they have spike holes pre-drilled and threaded, but I have no clue what the screw type is or dspecificaton so I can order the right spikes for them.  Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks in advance.
    • By Isaac Otaiza
      Item: Richter Harlequin mk2 speakers
      Price: $400
      Item Condition: good condition
      Reason for selling: No longer required
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: Had these in storage for quite a while.
      Recently connected  to them to my AVM60 / xpa 5 amps
      sound was fantastic. Totally forgot how great these sound. For small towers , they filled the room.
      A few marks and scuffs nothing serious. They perform perfectly for music or HT

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.