Onkyo has reached output limit

I have only just stumbled onto this thread. I would like to ask SJB, if he is still around, if he had problems with the remote. Apparently Onkyo AV remotes of that time were notorious for just conking out. I want to do a bit of adjustment with mine, and the bugger will not work.

Re the AV itself, I note a lot of negative comment surfaced in this thread.

FWIW, I love the Onkyo AV sound, and have never found apparent volume an issue.

Does anyone have any clues about rebooting the remote.

ZM.

Hi I to have just seen this thread. I was wondering if the  Integra Avrs tell porky's about their power ratings as well?

yes, as do yamaha, pioneer, marantz, denon, sony and the like.

you'll find the likes of rotel, nad, harman kardon, arcam, cambridge pretty honest and conservative in their ratings.

the big give away is the max consumption stated in specs and sometimes stamped on back of the amps...as obviously cant output more power from an amp than it consumes...

some makers will claim one or two channels driven rather than all channels driven. some will claim power claim with cr@p distortion or just at 1khz ! 

I would disregard power claims personally keeping in mind its not the quantity but the quality thats the important thing. otherwise we would all buy PA amps and be happy :D