Ascension Audio (Adelaide Speakers) Owners & Discussion Thread

Being a newbee at this whole HiFi/home theater system, i'm seeking feedback on some speakers that i'm tossing up about wether or not to buy.

I've been doing a bit of research on a company called Adelaide Speakers and i like the look & price of either their Acsension 'Summoner 1283' or the 'Sidewinder 1226sb' models but I'm unable to find any reviews on the net on either model.

These speakers would predominately be for the use in a home theater system and to a lesser degree for listening to music.

Any thoughts or reviews on either of these models would be appreciated?

Much like yourself, I've heard of them but not heard them. For that matter I've not even heard from someone who has.

So if you're ever in SA and find yourself near to the guy making and selling them, then there's a bunch of people ready to hear what you think of them should you get the chance to have a listen.

Is this who I think it is ???? :)

Welcome snowboarder dude.

For the buck, the speakers look fine. Not heard them but the sidewinder jobbies look like the go for your HT wants.

Well I'll be buggered!

My nextt door neighbour has a set - some years old and basically used as a HT set up. My ears wont be much of a reccomendation but mig be able to convince Tony M to pop around some time and he and I sould go and have a listen and give you some feedback as an interim measure until we gett a chnace to test some newer ones out at a proper GTG ? Tony M you intereresedd I know Ken across the roa wont mind at all - he would love the attention!

My nextt door neighbour has a set - some years old and basically used as a HT set up. My ears wont be much of a reccomendation but mig be able to convince Tony M to pop around some time and he and I sould go and have a listen and give you some feedback as an interim measure until we gett a chnace to test some newer ones out at a proper GTG ? Tony M you intereresedd I know Ken across the roa wont mind at all - he would love the attention!

Yeah, sure, Andy....love to drop round and have a listen, but my opinion is of very limited value to anyone else. :)

I have to admit I came across this outfit a couple of years ago when I was trying to track down another speaker repairer in that neck of the woods (Marion) who had done some work on my old Wharfedales a few years before that.

He didn't suggest an audition of the Assention speakers and I didn't ask for one as I was pressed for time and I was really only trying to find the bloke that had previously done such a good job of resoldering wires to aluminium voice coils.

FWIW, Edward seemed a sincere sort of chap and the ones I saw looked quite well finished. But, they appeared to have been built to a fairly standard formula on a very strict budget and I guess I just didn't find them interesting enough to request a proper listen when he didn't offer it....

Cheers

Tony

Thanks Andy & Tony, I look forward to your thoughts and findings on these speakers. I would rather have an opinion from someone like you guys and have an indication of what I'm getting before i buy than sitting here six months from now totally surprised by its possible shortfalls and wanting something more.

• 2 weeks later...

i have bought some speakers from edward. i think they are the best value speakers available in australia and they sound top end. edward is a one man operation who does everything himself and cleans the floors also . i once told him that he should advertise more as hes speakers are so good.he replied that he does it more for a passion and doesnt worry about reviews etc as hes a one man band.

few of my friends here in WA have listened to his speakers here at my place and have put orders in to him.

he makes the best subwoofer that ive ever heard. his 15inch sub is so good and even good for music let alone movies.

i was going to buy krix speakers but edwards speakers are better.

anyone who wants more info pm me and i can give you more info

• Like 1

Yeah, sure, Andy....love to drop round and have a listen, but my opinion is of very limited value to anyone else. ;)

I have to admit I came across this outfit a couple of years ago when I was trying to track down another speaker repairer in that neck of the woods (Marion) who had done some work on my old Wharfedales a few years before that.

He didn't suggest an audition of the Assention speakers and I didn't ask for one as I was pressed for time and I was really only trying to find the bloke that had previously done such a good job of resoldering wires to aluminium voice coils.

FWIW, Edward seemed a sincere sort of chap and the ones I saw looked quite well finished. But, they appeared to have been built to a fairly standard formula on a very strict budget and I guess I just didn't find them interesting enough to request a proper listen when he didn't offer it....

Cheers

Tony

well tony that was afew years back, why dont you go and have a listen now?

Well yardley, if they perform as well as they look on the site (and by the specs), I may have found my next upgrade ;)

Interesting.

i have bought some speakers from edward. i think they are the best value speakers available in australia and they sound top end. edward is a one man operation who does everything himself and cleans the floors also . i once told him that he should advertise more as hes speakers are so good.he replied that he does it more for a passion and doesnt worry about reviews etc as hes a one man band.

few of my friends here in WA have listened to his speakers here at my place and have put orders in to him.

he makes the best subwoofer that ive ever heard. his 15inch sub is so good and even good for music let alone movies.

i was going to buy krix speakers but edwards speakers are better.

anyone who wants more info pm me and i can give you more info

Have tried to PM you wont let me

datafone his website is abit out of date . hes jarrah finish speakers do really look nice and even better with the grills removed.
Better than the ones on there now, WOW!, I really would like to see that site up dated.

also his freight costs are great. centre speaker and sub 75kg in total freighted to my door 90bucks from adelaide and i live south of perth.

afew members have PM me and i wish them all the best in there speaker search

Well I’ve taken the plunge and gone ahead and order a pair of speakers from Adelaide Speakers. I decided on the Sidewinder 1226sd model with a few cosmetic modifications.

Edward the owner/builder was (IMO) a wealth of knowledge, although much of it was above my level, he still provided a lot of good information on the build of the speakers and few tweaks that I should do at home to get the best sound out of them.

On the down side he has a backlog of orders to fulfill and I will have to sit back and wait about three weeks for them to be built and courier over.

Happy days

:):):D:)

I'm sorry I let you down in terms of havi a listen to my neighbours speakers - just have not been able to arrannge a time to catch up - sorry to be so slack but I am sure you will be happy based on others feedback.

Better let us know

No problems Andythiing.

LD, I was thinking you could come around when i get them and give me a hand to set them up.

(Hope you are getting some sun up there, forcasted to rain back here on your ar

you have done well and im sure you will like them.