Ascension Audio (Adelaide Speakers) Owners & Discussion Thread

Got my summoners working once again :-)

Got a replacement woofer, which I put in myself.

Although getting the magnets off the old one and on to the new one was 'fun'.

It's interesting some of the comments from earlier about the fact that he changes the strength of the magnets on some of the woofers he uses... and it's also interesting to see some of the logic used by people 'round here in general.

Wish I could have seen some of the deleted posts, could have been a real eye-opener. :)

Long-story short... they're sounding great. Considering the price, etc. Potentially even better now than out-of-the-box, now that I've got 100+ hours on them.

For a very budget orientated speaker, I feel like I'm getting more of the total cost spent where it counts (the drivers/crossover), rather than the look or marketing, etc.

For a very budget orientated speaker, I feel like I'm getting more of the total cost spent where it counts (the drivers/crossover), rather than the look or marketing, etc.

I was once told that there is something like a 600 - 800% markup on speakers by the time you get to buy them at the shop. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but even if it's only half of that, that's still an awful lot of money not going into the speakers you just paid for. Any time you can get direct from the manufacturer like these, or VAF etc (or anything you purchase) it's got to be a bargain.

it would depend on the manufacturer. u then have to consider the r&d that's gone into the design/testing of the crossover, speaker alignment and cabinets - not easily measurable, so it's very hard the guess mark-up.

Edwards speakers however, seem to be VERY well priced, considering the drivers he uses and what their rrp's are.

oh, and thanks to keith/mods for cleaning up this thread...it was getting way out of hand

well i'll get to listen to a pair tomorrow.

Looking forward to it now after all this :)

You better help me pick out some good vinyl tomorrow then eh. Remind me to remind you to bring a cd that you are familiar with.

Ohhh I gave Anne Bisson a spin today, couldn't help myself :) she sounded ohhh soo smooth..

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts. And not because I'm looking to buy any.

i'll report back, but i am not going to do any real critical listening, just helping a friend out setting making sure his TT is setup properly.

Just so happens he has these speakers.

You better help me pick out some good vinyl tomorrow then eh. Remind me to remind you to bring a cd that you are familiar with.

Ohhh I gave Anne Bisson a spin today, couldn't help myself :) she sounded ohhh soo smooth..

we'll grab some beauties i am sure of it.

Yes that Anne Bisson does sound sweet.

As for cd's, no need.

I'll have to check it when I get it to be certain, but I had asked for both to be active with TL loading so thats what I'm expecting unless I misunderstood something.

They'll be friggin huge if they are a transmission line :).

Hopefully I'll be picking up my new sub this afternoon, I can't wait to see what it sounds like. Dual 10" XXLS and a lovely Redgum 600w amp, hmmmm... I wonder what the neighbours will say lol.

Geezus Wayne, at the volumes you like to play it won't just be the neighbours talking about the Mitcom rumblings - Hey do you think a loud low could produce some rain, thunder seems to work sometimes. 'War of the Worlds' DVD should do.:)

They'll be friggin huge if they are a transmission line :).

Yeah, I'm expecting it to be a fair sized cab. At least I'm hoping so lol.

I also would like to know what people think of the Adelaide Speakers subwoofers?

I`ll be in the market for one soon to compliment fronts of ML1 Plus and the original ML1's for the rear.

Would be used for music as much as movies, probably more music actually.

Cheers

I can't honestly say yet, but I'll let you know what I think of mine once I've had a listen. If your in local you could have a listen of mine, heck if there are a couple of folks interested in a GTG at my place I'm more than happy to host one.

Geezus Wayne, at the volumes you like to play it won't just be the neighbours talking about the Mitcom rumblings - Hey do you think a loud low could produce some rain, thunder seems to work sometimes. 'War of the Worlds' DVD should do.:)

Hey, I've got war of the worlds. Maybe I'll have to watch it tonight. I've toned down my listening volumes a bit over the last year, theres some people 4 streets away that don't enjoy the same tastes in music/movies that I do.

Do you know what ones they have??
Here you go Poita linky

They are indeed the ones.

I went over more to check the TT out as it is his first, and just checked a few things over.

Now i am sure everyone is going to annoy me and ask my thoughts.

I gave my complete thoughts to Lamtran which i won't go into too much detail here.

Now people may take that as i didn't like them, which is not the case. Are they perfect, no, are they bad, no and for the price you cannot complain too much.

I will be interested to hear them again in their new room. The room they are currently in is a very bright room. Leather couches, floorboards, and not much soft furnishings.