SOLD: FS: Creek Destiny integrated amp

Item: Creek Destiny integrated amplifier (in rare black finish)

Price: SOLD

Item Condition: Very good

Reason for selling: Restless, want to try something else

Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, Direct Deposit

Extra Info: I got this amp to try out with my Dynaudio focus 110's. It's one of the rarer all-black units, which in my opinion looks smarter than the silver model. The unit is well built and reassuringly heavy. In addition to plenty of input options, the Destiny has the handy feature of having A + B speaker outputs - a god-send when you're A/B testing speakers! The headphone jack also comes in handy - overall this is a very flexible amplifier. In terms of sound, it is extremely musical. It's strong point is tonality. It's not as clean clear as some amps I've heard, but on the other hand it's not sterile as a result. Instruments have more character than I've heard elsewhere; guitar and piano in particular are beautifully rendered. Bass is deep and hits hard, I was surprised to hear it had a better bottom end than my Musical Fidelity A3CR power amp. But then the Creek is rated at 100W/8R, so it's certainly no tiddler! The midrange is nice and warm; reviews describe this amp as having a tube-like sound. Treble is brilliant, very crisp and detailed (where some of my other amps have been overly sweet, or in other cases a bit thin and dry). The amp will come in it's original box with the remote.

Review: A very positive write-up by Stereophile: http://www.stereophi...edamps/107creek

Pics:

7982366037_dabebdd3c5_z.jpg

7982369714_4606a04644_z.jpg

Edited by twwen2

I wish someone would buy it. It keeps winking at me.

I reckon it would do a nice job with my Orpheus apollos .

Have owned both,but not concurrently and I am positive it would be a match made in heaven.

Go on, you know you want to. At $1200 there wouldn't be a better amp/speaker combination.

Hi rantan,

I am really enjoying your apollos, but I'm sure i 'm sure they would respond to a better amp with a bit more speed and weight. The old arcam 290 does the job, sort of, but its on the kinder, gentler side of things - strings don't have enough edge and piano isn't quite percussive enough. Christmas needs to come a bit early this year.

Edited by buddyev