houdinifangs

YouTube Spinning

Music's greatest qualities are that it is subjective and ambiguous.  One mans trash and all that stuff.  Hell, some people like auto tuned doof doof and I just don't get that at all.  I was a huge Steve Morse fan before he joined DP, had been listening to Dixie Dregs and his solo stuff for years, still love it.  I saw Jeff Beck when I was 15 and have been a huge lover of instrumental guitar music ever since. 

FTR - most of Vai's tunes are quite straight up, verse, chorus, verse, chorus, bridge, solo, chorus, outro type tunes, they just use a guitar instead of a vocalist to carry the melody.  On each album there is also usually a complex piece like the one prog posted earlier, guaranteed to blow your mind, anytime. :)

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/luna_lee_plays_srv_scuttle_buttin_gayageum_versionversion

This is my first attempt at posting a link. Not sure if it will work, but here goes.........

ZM.

Edit- well, it goes to the Dangerous Minds site, but you may have to poke around to find this great Luna Lee clip.

Edited by Zen Mister

Drunk but hey

Watcdh the owl wink.

Edited by tolley

Loving this tune at the minute:

It's from his just released, and excellent, IMO, album "Wakin On A Pretty Daze"

Edited by soundfan

Two of the best guitarists getting around at the moment:

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/luna_lee_plays_srv_scuttle_buttin_gayageum_versionversion

This is my first attempt at posting a link. Not sure if it will work, but here goes.........

ZM.

Edit- well, it goes to the Dangerous Minds site, but you may have to poke around to find this great Luna Lee clip.

this clip?

pretty and talented  :love

A couple of great synth tracks by Jeremy Schmidt of Black Mountain fame.

No soundtrack as yet so this is the only version available, and is the best track from the film Beyond the Black Rainbow..

And another great track from his side-project Sinoia Caves..

http://youtu.be/KiPcdLQwCQI

Edited by likwidsh0k

Two of the best guitarists getting around at the moment:

Nels Cline is way ******* good.

But not in a pentatonic way.

Wilco unplugged.  :P

Edited by soundfan

Mixing jazz, blues, gospel and spirituals, check this song out:

It's from Jaimeo Brown's new album: Transcendence

Edited by soundfan

I can only "see" 5 videos out of 35 posts on this page.  Firefox.  What gives?

Yeah, same with chrome?

Why I included links aswell. Seems the vids appear when you post, but some time later disappear?

Is there a way to post links when you access this joint via phone.? Bit of a tech dummy here:-)

Is there a way to post links when you access this joint via phone.? Bit of a tech dummy here:-)

Do you use tapatalk? If so yes, but if you use your phones browser, prolly yes but would be a PITA.

Well you learn something everyday. Never heard of tapatalk before and I had to Google PITA . I told you I was a tech dummy:-D

Well you learn something everyday. Never heard of tapatalk before and I had to Google PITA . I told you I was a tech dummy:-D
A successful day at the orifice.

Fwiw I am using tapatalk for android now and all but one YouTube link can be "seen"

How ironical ...... ;)

The National: Terrible Love

Kicks off at about 1 minute in. 

Mr Buzzardstubble, no disrespect meant with my "liking" your tech dummy post. I just cottoned on to Tapatlk myself!

Soundfan, that new National LP can't arrive soon enough, I just gave Sad Songs For Dirty Lovers A Spin today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="ferchersan" data-cid="878584" data-time="1366529727"><p>

Mr Buzzardstubble, no disrespect meant with my "liking" your tech dummy post. I just cottoned on to Tapatlk myself! Soundfan, that new National LP can't arrive soon enough, I just gave Sad Songs For Dirty Lovers A Spin today.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD</p></blockquote>

No problems ferchersan. My surname's Luddite :-D