• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi All,   VIKINGS CHANT - SKALD   and    Heilung - Lifa   JJ

Hugh Cornwall, in fine voice, performs Golden Brown with a Mariachi band.     

Great for a cold wintry day in Melbourne town in ISO.

Not long now folks.......Hang in there.    Distance, Masks, Sanitise and stay the course, otherwise we will soon be back to square one.  

Regards Cazzesman

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Monk said:

Free for the weekend apparently, Beastie Boys last live gig...

A sound check in Copenhagen from their prime in 1995 - for the die hard fans I guess.....just love their energy and meticulous prep......Beastie Boys

Nuages - Joscho Stephan (Solo Guitar)

*such prowess makes this Django masterpiece seem almost mundane

Edited by zippi
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, zippi said:

Nuages - Joscho Stephan (Solo Guitar)

*such prowess makes this Django masterpiece seem almost mundane

He's a brilliant guitarist, zippi. Here's an example of his virtuosity.

• Like 1

Watched a youtube video of a baby boomer muso and producer critiquing today's Top 10 Pop songs on Spotify (might post in a separate thread). He came away impressed by this particular song that has a throw back feel to classic pop of the '80s. 

Gavin Harrison (drummer for Porcupine Tree / King Crimson / The Pineapple Thief) shows how to play drums.

As a former drummer myself, I can tell you this guy is one of the best you will ever hear. If you understand the basics of drumming, (odd time signatures, speed, precision, doubles, triples etc) and see how effortlessly he can accomplish just about anything, you will be hard pressed to find too many that are better.

Enjoy!

• Like 3

Just kills me these guys aren't better known.... meanwhile, Doja Cat sprints up the charts.

😷

If you get into everything Jeff Buckley did, this will probably appeal.

• Like 1
Just now, candyflip said:

Just kills me these guys aren't better known.... meanwhile, Doja Cat sprints up the charts.

😷

If you get into everything Jeff Buckley did, this will probably appeal.

Isn't it strange about Jeff Buckley!

I bought the CD years ago having listened to all the hype and must have given that disc at least 12 spins before deciding it did absolutely nothing for me. Without blowing my own trumpet, I pride myself on giving EVERY type of music a fair listen before deciding one way or the other. (excluding rap / death metal growl vocals and a few other minor genre which I have also tried with no success)

I gave the disc to a good mate who absolutely loves it and was about to buy his own copy.

There aren't too many bands or singers that I don't like (considering there are many thousands of others that I do) so I reckon my taste / enjoyment factor is evened out by the ones I really like. (hope that makes sense)

Prog

15 minutes ago, progladyte said:

Isn't it strange about Jeff Buckley!

I bought the CD years ago having listened to all the hype and must have given that disc at least 12 spins before deciding it did absolutely nothing for me. Without blowing my own trumpet, I pride myself on giving EVERY type of music a fair listen before deciding one way or the other. (excluding rap / death metal growl vocals and a few other minor genre which I have also tried with no success)

I gave the disc to a good mate who absolutely loves it and was about to buy his own copy.

There aren't too many bands or singers that I don't like (considering there are many thousands of others that I do) so I reckon my taste / enjoyment factor is evened out by the ones I really like. (hope that makes sense)

Prog

It certainly does Prog - does the singer of InFictions have the same deleterious effect on you?

I sincerely hope not!  :(❤️ 

Flying Lotus - Remind U

*the video is like Terry Gilliam on steroids and sooo thickly woven with all sorts of narratives. the music equal to the best of Flying Lotus output.

1 hour ago, candyflip said:

It certainly does Prog - does the singer of InFictions have the same deleterious effect on you?

I sincerely hope not!  :(❤️ 

Have not come across that band yet C.F.

I'll have to check them out!

• Love 1

Ok, we don't need to be told that Ringo is a great drummer. Where this video adds value is the explanation and many examples of why Ringo is such a unique drum artist. 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Rocketfrogs said:

Bill Bruford is selling all his gear...

How ironical is that. I was just looking for a clip f Hell's Bell's to upload when the wife reminded me I had to do some quick shopping before they closed.

Anywho, here it is:

27 minutes ago, LHC said:

Ok, we don't need to be told that Ringo is a great drummer. Where this video adds value is the explanation and many examples of why Ringo is such a unique drum artist. 

she is awesome,her ol mans beatles tribute band ain't too shabby either.🎼

• Like 1
2 hours ago, candyflip said:

😷

Strewth! 10 seconds of that had me hitting the kill switch.

How totally abysmal.

Thankfully I had never heard oh her / it before and hopefully I never will (as I don 't listen to radio or any mainstream music sources.

• Haha 1

In his own words, Ringo is unable to play anything too technical as he is a left handed player using a right hand kit. This seriously restricts how quickly he can move around the kit which ultimately limits the degree of complexity he can contribute to the music.

There is no denying he has come up with some great fills and ideas with those classic Beatles tracks although other professional drummers would probably not rate him all that highly. I don't think I have ever heard him play a triplet and I can't recall any drum solos of note.

Having said that however, I am a huge Beatles fan and can think of no other drummer who could have fulfilled the bands needs as well as he has done.

YMMV

• Thanks 1

Here's a 12 year old dude that shows how it's done..

Something tells me ol' Ringo would have a hard time doing what this kid can do. (Then again so would most drummers)

• Like 1
  • Marc pinned and unpinned this topic