YouTube Spinning

With Opera..........those links are not clickable........yet they are clickable in IE but are not embedded.

Maybe the whole site dev is done via Tapatalk!?

The results I'm getting on Firefox vary from one day to the next. The other night there were zero hyperlinks or embedding, tonight it's ~ 50/50

Check out vimeo Generally the sq is far superior to yootoub, but you won't find any "classic rock" there, just new stuff

Thanks for the clarification.

I'll stick to you-tube to find ALL the classic stuff!

The point of 'you-tube' ISN'T to source the 'best' quality, but just to 'access' clips! And that means all the 'clips' that you would never have known existed before!

Happy hunting!

Edited by surfpurple

Sure she's not a midget or something?

Her voice sounds very mature!

Watch some of her utube sites and you quickly realized that there is something altered in that voice electronically to give that mature coloration. There is a home video of no audio, her voice is amazing, with the interviews she's just a normal 10yr old, she's 13 now. Watch the arm and hands, the emotions she pores out as she sing shows how committed she is to singing that song. What can I say, in an instant fan and in love!

Watch some of her utube sites and you quickly realized that there is something altered in that voice electronically to give that mature coloration. There is a home video of no audio, her voice is amazing, with the interviews she's just a normal 10yr old, she's 13 now. Watch the arm and hands, the emotions she pores out as she sing shows how committed she is to singing that song. What can I say, in an instant fan and in love!

My best advice is to wait until she is 16.

• 2 weeks later...
I can't really see him as a 'songwriter' as such! How many of his 'songs' would be familiar to anyone! (and that includes his fans)?

The same goes for guitarists like Joe Satriani. He just plays 'notes'!

BUT, get him in a 'band' and that's a whole different story "Chickenfoot"! Now that's where these 'players' start to actually 'play' in a band! (and sound good).

I've seen Vai live 4 or 5 times, and I know all his stuff, every note of every phrase.

He says himself that his time in bands, Frank Zappa, Alcatrazz, David Lee Roth and Whitesnake, allowed him to do what he really loves.

It's interesting, the comments about songwriting, just notes, no feel, etc...  The same comments have been used to describe virtuoso musicians for centuries.  Pagganini was thought to be possessed by the devil, his technique was so fierce and fast.  He was the Robert Johnson of his time.  Those very same same comments were leveled at Ritchie Blackmore back in the late 60s and early 70s. When the rock world was ruled totally by blues based technique, he came out using blazingly fast harmonic minor scales and arpeggios that rock audiences couldn't easily digest.  Of course, he went to become one of rock and metal's biggest influences.

The more things change, the more they stay the same......

Yeh, you have a point there!

But I see lots of referrences to players like 'Vai', Satriani', etc being very 'clinical'. I would ask if there are any 'songs' which either of those two fine players have recorded that stick in the mind of listeners or that have a lasting effect!

I don't see the same comment ever directed towards players like 'Blackmore' or 'Page' or 'Iommi'! Because these 'players' play in a 'band' which isn't so self-indulgent as playing 'solo'!

I'm not saying that the Vai's and Satriani's are not relavent guitarists, just that guitarists in 'bands' usually are more 'melodic' and fit into the bands frame, wheras the 'solo' guitarists err more on the side of 'self-indulgent' and demand more of an aquired taste to get into them! They are 'clever' no doubt BUT 'clever' and 'listenable' are two different experiences!

And the same goes for Purple's guitarist 'Steve Morse'. He is an exceptionally brilliant guitarist, but I can't stand to listen to his 'solo' work! But when he plays in Deep Purple, he absolutely works a treat!

For Keith Richards said in an interview "you can hire the BEST hands in the business, BUT it 'ain't' a BAND"!