YouTube Spinning

Does anyone seriously sit watching YouTube video's like listening to music?

Or is this more for interesting clips or music?

I have been a 'late' starter on 'u-tube' but it is seriously growing on me!

It's not so much about 'listening' as it is about 'finding' new music, or music you already have but have never seen the clip.

I use it as a 'discovery' tool for finding new bands and also hearing their songs (which there would be no other way to do so).

That's why so many people here on SNA are posting songs from u-tube as it is the best medium for others to 'share' a 'link' to a band/artist/song/album etc etc.

If I hear about a band (that I don't know much about), I go straight onto 'u-tube' and 'discover' their songs, then if I like them enough I can go out and buy their music!

Also (being a 'Purple' fan), I have found soooo much Purple music (and clips) on u-tube, which has been facinating as a die-hard fan who thought he had most of their videos!

• Like 4

I have been a 'late' starter on 'u-tube' but it is seriously growing on me!

It's not so much about 'listening' as it is about 'finding' new music, or music you already have but have never seen the clip.

I use it as a 'discovery' tool for finding new bands and also hearing their songs (which there would be no other way to do so).

That's why so many people here on SNA are posting songs from u-tube as it is the best medium for others to 'share' a 'link' to a band/artist/song/album etc etc.

If I hear about a band (that I don't know much about), I go straight onto 'u-tube' and 'discover' their songs, then if I like them enough I can go out and buy their music!

Also (being a 'Purple' fan), I have found soooo much Purple music (and clips) on u-tube, which has been facinating as a die-hard fan who thought he had most of their videos!

These sentiments pretty much align with mine. I use Grooveshark when I am looking to hear a particular song but if it is not there I will go to YouTube and invariably it is there. If I like what I hear it will often result in a purchase. So all in all it is a valuable tool for me

• 3 weeks later...

Listen this:

[media=]

[/media]

simultaneously

Slava is one of the parents at my kids school.

He has done some great shows for our school fundraisers in our community.

I'm also a bit of a late starter with youtube, but I've recently come to appreciate its value. I've managed to dig out some clips of bands from the past that I wasn't aware of before, and I also use it to look up clips when I 'discover' new artists.

I know I've posted this one before on the prog thread, but I can't help it, I love it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEBYWC60TWY

• Like 2

This is an fascinating and emotional piece of music from Freddie Mercury, it was the B side to his horrible cover of The Great Pretender. Must track this down on 12", got into it after watching a recent show about Freddie's later years. Fascinating guy and it goes without saying one of the greatest musicians and performer of modern times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBWhdfEgEU8

I'm also a bit of a late starter with youtube, but I've recently come to appreciate its value. I've managed to dig out some clips of bands from the past that I wasn't aware of before, and I also use it to look up clips when I 'discover' new artists.

I know I've posted this one before on the prog thread, but I can't help it, I love it!

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEBYWC60TWY[/media]

This is one of my favourite riffs of all time. Pity they / he couldn't maintain the brilliance throughout the rest of the career

I watch them with my phones on with music and turn the youtube up if it looks interesting.

The audio quality is crap.

^^

+1 more for interesting (and for looking up rarities or golden oldies i dont actually own, like Blondies Union City Blue earlier )

nothing that is fun can ever be "serious" LoL

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQeTaX6Xawg&feature=related[/media]

I could get serious with Frida though

;-)

Edited by mello yello

Slava is one of the parents at my kids school.

He has done some great shows for our school fundraisers in our community.

went along to a concert of theirs in Hobart at the Theatre Royal a few years ago - great music, great acoustics, great concert

Cheers

mick

Nice to hear guys. I heard some tracks on the radio at the time they were touring but couldn't track down the cd for years. Ebay to the rescue in the end. Sublime music by first class musicians. I have become a fan of each members other output as a result, especially Towner. He has truly carved out his own little niche for such a long time now.

• 2 weeks later...