YouTube Spinning

Watched this yesterday evening. I believe i had a Gen-X spiritual experience.

My wife was a non-plussed (it might have been that the volume of both my beer consumption and the concert sound increased as my spirituality awakened). But amazingly RH does play Creep (sadly the only song she really really likes...) in the second encore so she came out to witness that at least.

(By amazingly - i thought they dropped Creep (live) a while back and don't play it at all. I'm no big RH fan as i was happily wrong...)

• Like 2

Phil Collins Big Band - Pick Up the Pieces

I only stumbled onto this 'oldie' a month ago.  Set aside 22m 45s and check it out...these sax players are shreddin' it ?

Actually the whole ensemble is...so...tight... Phil on the drums rhythm locked with the bass player..tasty piano/keys interjecting..trumpets...oh man i've listened to this more than a few times in the past few weeks

Edited by 2Brix
gushing with ott praise

1972 saw the release of ‘Pink Floyd Live At Pompeii’, a film of the band performing without an audience in the historic Roman amphitheatre of Pompeii, directed by Adrian Maben. The concert film is the 2016 re-edited version as featured in ‘The Early Years 1965-1972’ box set and will appear as part of the @YouTube Film Festival for a period of *24 hours only*.

0:00 Careful With That Axe, Eugene

7:04 A Saucerful Of Secrets

17:12 One Of These Days

23:12 Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun

33:37 Echoes

• Like 3

2Cellos - Thunderstruck (ACDC) one of my fave vids.  Classic concept and customing, about 1m20s the audience starts to suspect something is a awry and around 1m40s when the first 'thunder' chord is struck and all hell breaks loose ?

Edited by 2Brix
  • Like 2

Transport yourself with the multi-platinum and award winning artist Sarah Blasko and the 40-piece Sydney International Orchestra for a performance of delicately powerful vocals and orchestral grandeur. #StayHome

SET LIST
1:27 [explain]
6:24 All I Want
11:40 Bird On A Wire
14:53 Lost and Defeated
18:38 No Turning Back
23:00 Sleeper Awake
30:00 I Awake
33:35 An Arrow
37:32 Bury This
41:20 God-Fearing
46:00 All Of Me
50:56 New Country
55:10 Here
1:00:29 Illusory Light
1:05:04 Fool
1:09:20 Cast The Net
1:14:53 An Oyster, A Pearl
1:19:57 Not Yet
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, 2Brix said:

Nice one @zippi i'm gonna watch that Sarah Blasko concert in my theatre room sometime soon ?

It's a heck of a show. Wife and I saw her in Adelaide a few years back (Norwood Concert Hall) and the set was kinda similar, however a very special occasion this Opera House gig.