A couple of new additions

8 hours ago, darthlaker said:

DRC, swap you for a toaster.....I'll make it two! 

PO Mark. I'll up your 2 toasters and throw in a Nutri bullet as well. Lol.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi DRC,  You have had the EV-1's now for a few months.  How are they settling into your system?  As good if not better than your expected?  Has the upgrade urge started yet to find the 4 chassis EV-2 preamplifier to match the power amps?

Hi Gavin

The EV One's are simply superb. The old saying of an iron fist in a velvet glove kind of needs updating to a depleted uranium fist in a gossamer glove. Seemingly unlimited power and grip with absolute delicacy, detail and timing. To answer your second question...

setup.thumb.jpg.ea3884babb01de6944e4f78fd2fb8d4a.jpg

Still evaluating the EVO Two's as they arrived yesterday. The One's and Two's are an original pairing (once owned by a Stereophile reviewer apparently). The Krell Phantom II they replace was an exceptional preamp, at this stage the EVO Two's don't offer a huge step up in tonality or resloution, but soundstage and an overall musical coherence seem to be better. But that may just be psychoacoustics.The garage now has six bloody big boxes in storage.

Edited by DRC
  • Like 3

Excellent news on the EV-2.  I am sure the improvements will become more evident with further listening time.   Your rack is certainly looking rather full now.  With all the pre-used components you now have, it may be time to start up your own second-hand audio online shop!