AV Reciever with WiFi and DAB+ ??

Looking for a AV Reciever with WiFi and DAB+ ??.

This will be an upgrade from a Dennon 789 (Happy with the sound of the Dennon) and no intention to go beyond 5.1.

Have no real budget consideration - however do not want to spend silly money as this is for a second system.

Is there anything suitable out there?

Thanks

Davel

Looking for a AV Reciever with WiFi and DAB+ ??.

This will be an upgrade from a Dennon 789 (Happy with the sound of the Dennon) and no intention to go beyond 5.1.

Have no real budget consideration - however do not want to spend silly money as this is for a second system.

Is there anything suitable out there?

Thanks

Davel

I can't see one around yet, but I'm sure with those features it would be amongst the more premium receivers.

Oh and I'd like a fully functioning media streamer built in to while I'm wishing!

arcam avr 360 and avr 400 have dab+, nad also I think have dab modules for their avrs, also both onkyo and yamaha have add on dab+ modules as well. as far as wireless goes just grab a wireless point eg a apple airport eg like below,

http://store.apple.com/au/product/FB321X/A#overview

If you only want the WiFi for Internet Radio and/or Streaming music from a server, then a DAB+ adapter with Ethernet/WiFi might be worth considering.

Since you're happy with your current Denon, this might make a good interim measure while waiting for a wider range of AVR's with DAB+ to come onto the market.

I'm using a NextWave DAB-390.

There's also the Pinell iConnect, Roberts Stream 83i and MSML MR-2000 but you'd need to check availability as it's about a year since I did my research.

If you want video content via WiFi, ignore this post!

My Denon 4308 does all of that. Wifi, music streamer and DAB

however, DAB doesnt work, for some reason. But thats ok cause it has internet radio

Im sure the 3312, or similar has the same features, I would have thought this is the norm now?

I also have a 4308 and gave up trying to get the DAB to work. Sometimes got bits, sometimes nothing.

guys I had a 4308 some years ago. DAB is digital radio and a format we trialled for a year or two some years ago. but it is not the format DAB+ that is broadcast format for digital radio in australia. Its why you get nothing.

not all denon receivers have wifi. also keep in mind wifi is ok for probably streaming audio but is useless for video. one little add on if you live in apple world is the little apple tv it covers audio/video/photos and can stream off any thing with itunes or ipods/itouch/ipad or iphones. and works both wired or wireless.

$109 and add to any receiver

http://store.apple.com/au/browse/home/shop_ipod/family/apple_tv

Ah, that would explain it. I never really looked into it as it wasnt something i cared greatley about.

I dont use Wifi, i use the ethernet port. Well actually i dont use that anymore either, i use a SB touch - just better at what it does.

The new Denons have airplay and all that jazz now, control from the iphone etc

~

I dont use Wifi, i use the ethernet port. Well actually i dont use that anymore either, i use a SB touch - just better at what it does.

The new Denons have airplay and all that jazz now, control from the iphone etc

the new denons might have all that jazz but they dont have wifi, which the original poster wants. :) neither the 3311, 3312 or the 3313 neither does the 4311. older upper model denons eg the 4308, 4810, or flagship a1 series have wifi. but as I mentioned its no biggee, just a matter of add on eg appleTV and the like gives you much much more than airplay ever capable off :)

Edited by :) al