Bedroom system

with a recent update of my speakers in the bedroom system thought maybe worth sharing the little system I've got there,

from main listening position,

post-125306-0-74430300-1341048835_thumb.

slightly closer up,

post-125306-0-44622000-1341048872_thumb.

the recent update in the focal electra 1007be's

post-125306-0-45304300-1341048920_thumb. post-125306-0-06780000-1341049910_thumb. post-125306-0-03721500-1341049946_thumb.

and sources (nad M5 cd/sacd player, Apple TV, TivoHD and amp is the nad master series M3)

post-125306-0-12329000-1341049213_thumb. post-125306-0-62647400-1341050078_thumb.

Display is a sharp LCD.

Reason for the whole systems being was to provide an alternative to the main system I have. I've also always had a soft spot for standmounts so this provides a bit of indulgence there. Apart from that this provides a little escape ! somewhere to enjoy a bit of music, TV or other things via various sources. Evenings little daughter also watches a little tv there just before bed. The Tvio and apple tv comes in real handy for that.

I absolutely love the focals, and their sound, I think their forward ness is countered well by the nad gear. overall its punchy, dynamic, detailed and yet not forward in your face.

Its only a 2.0 system, but have measured bass response back to the main listening position,

post-125306-0-24484700-1341049166_thumb.post-125306-0-50107400-1341049185_thumb.

equipment am using to measure were the velodyne sms-1

and definitely can see the standmounts roll off there nicely that could easily supplement the bass response down the track with a sub.

Its really hitting the sweet spot right now !

whats missing ??? a few things. had a lovely sony BD player that I flogged off. Found were just not using it. A universal remote sold that off found we weren't using that either. just using either the TivoHD remote which can pretty much run the system for TV etc easily. Or the Nad remotes for music replay.

Also missing is a DAC. I had a benchmark dac1 which I sold off. and nad m51 is prime candidate to go with the other nad gear there. when funds permit, I'll borrow one to try out :)

Also missing is a sub as mentioned earlier, am real keen to try out a BK xls200 here would come in a lovely rosewood finish to match the focals and hide away pretty easily and use the velodyne gear to integrate with the room and system.

So yeah there you go a little system. thats bringing me a bit of joy ! but still continues to be a work in progress for a bit of fun and have a bit of play :)

ps my wife has to be mentioned here, she is amazingly tolerant in allowing me this space to play. She says though she allowed the presence of the focals she is expecting some candles to accompany the music ! :D

Edited by :) al
  • Like 5

Bloody big bedroom by the looks of it and a heck of a setup, what's in the main room ! ? I wish my other half was as accomodating :lol:

thanks a master bedroom so bit larger than typical bedroom but probably not as big as what thinking :) yes some nice gear being for a bedroom have been really carefull and bought all of it either on run out or store clearances at hefty discounts, otherwise be never possible. And still flogging the odd bit of stuff to allow the focals to stay. Wife definitely been very accommodating. And have done my best to make sure as wife and children friendly as could make it. She has been very accommodating in the main room too, but will leave that a topic for another thread sometime :)

some care also gone in to get the right height stands so while in bed sitting up tweeters at the right height. Plus also setting them up so image well, with decent bass response and yet not intrude into the space too much to upset the wife !

Edited by :) al

Guest JohnA

now Al, do you think its a good idea to have a nice system in the bedroom.

I am all for music whilst doing the wild thing, but if it were from a high fidelity system, one would have to wonder if you wont be distracted and scream out...hey dear did you hear that..........

Really nice looking system Al made up of excellent components. The speakers have grown since I saw it last!

Great work.

thanks LD, yeah when visited back then had my pmc's there, the focal a tad bigger indeed ! :)

now Al, do you think its a good idea to have a nice system in the bedroom.

I am all for music whilst doing the wild thing, but if it were from a high fidelity system, one would have to wonder if you wont be distracted and scream out...hey dear did you hear that..........

hehe not answering :ph34r: :D

I bet Barry White sounds great :)

i think it would be more Tom Jones :)

hehe only have those in vinyl which cant play in the bedroom system. will have to come up with a better suggestions guys :party :nana

Guest Willow

Great bedroom system there al , make a good main system for most people I expect.

[quote name=:) al' timestamp='1341136822' post='727275]

hehe only have those in vinyl which cant play in the bedroom system. will have to come up with a better suggestions guys :party :nana

Sade ??

Guest myrantz

Congrats on the purchase... Me love the 1007Bes... :love :love The room looks great!

Also, +1Barry White and Tom Jones :P..

Great bedroom system there al , make a good main system for most people I expect.

Sade ??

thanks willow ! ah yes Sade ! excellent suggestion we are big fans, and good reminder to give some of her cds a spin :)

Great system, Al. I bet there are more than a few who would love it as a main system! Congratulations on getting to keep the Focals, but I hope the PMCs went to a good home. :-)

thanks audhobs yes am real pleased the focals were a good match, I really wanted to try them out first before making a call. as yeah the pmcs are beauties too, and been working nicely in the setup. But yeah unfortunately have had to put them up for sale to fund the upgrade. but not sold as yet :)

Hell of a room, nice system for it too :)

Congrats on the purchase... Me love the 1007Bes... :love :love The room looks great!

Also, +1Barry White and Tom Jones :P..

hehe thanks guys,

Love a good bedroom setup

Loved the floorstanders of the Focals, I'm guessing the bookshelves sound spot on as well

thanks R&R yep real pleased bedroom setup worked out. a big fan of the focal sound too. am very pleased with the 1007be's and very glad been able to get the standmounts in there :)

Hi Al

Great looking system mate.

I have a combined bedroom lounge-room setup myself - it's seductive - very seductive. I keep thinking I will move to a home theater setup and ditch the bedroom part but keeping it the way it is seems to be winning.

Thanks

Bill