Sign in to follow this  
radz

What Headphones Do You Own

On 5/20/2017 at 0:00 AM, Hi-Fi Whipped said:

Sennheiser HD558

not the best but certainly not the worst headphones out there but I love them!

soft fabric ear and head pads, so comfortable, never get sick of having them on and great sound straight out of an iPad or iPhone.

They are one audio component I will probably never change, if only Hi-Fi was this cheap!

Its funny really, they are the only thing I never critique because they just sound right, I've bought and sold thousands of dollars of Hi-Fi and HT gear but I've always kept them! They make enjoying music really easy, the way it should be really!

I like my 558s too, but find they do get a bit hot, especially in the summer.  Bought some Grado SR60Es.  Totally different sound, but much cooler.  I might have started down a slippery slope though.  Wondering what to try next  ...

Just joined this site so not sure I need to introduce myself first on specific forum but could not find so just start posting...

After trying 12 different headphones for last 8~9 months starting with HD600....and now ended up with HD600. Now, I will never let this baby go...

For Home Music use - Oppo PM-3 with Schiit Asgard (connected to main system) or Audioquest Dragonly (Connected to computer or Tablet when away from main system)

For Travel Use - Etymotic Hf5 (With custom moulds), usually connected directly to an iBasso Dx50

For Computer gaming - Shure SRH-440 connected directly to the laptop Headphone output

For Work - Denon AH-D2000, via Firestone Audio iCute to the ibasso or, occasionally, my smartphone...

I also have a pair of Grado Sr80's somewhere around the house...

Edited by welly
added stuff

Grado SR125E's

I dislike Grados... 'cept the GS1000 and above... the pads on the other models don't work for me...

So I bought the SR125E's... the flat pads I figured would work better then the pads on the SR325E's and RS models... I was right!

If I bought these instead of the other headphones I bought, I would have saved a lot of money. $219. Steal! My fave artists, like Lisa Salvo sound amazing...

Maybe a GS down the track..

52 minutes ago, migasson said:

I dislike Grados... 'cept the GS1000 and above... the pads on the other models don't work for me...

+1.  My thoughts exactly...

Modded Sennheiser HD800, For home use 

Sennheiser Ie800, for on the go

Xiaomi Mi Piston V2 In-Ear Headphones - Award winning in ear monitors at bargain price

Sennheiser HD25SP

I’d recommend is to get the HD25 velour pads as it’ll give more treble as well as helping the phone to sound more open

Ultrasone HFI-2200

Sennheiser IE80 in ear monitors

Really impressed with these, the base is tuneable (my preference is for it to be set to minimum).

All I need now is to find a cable with mic that's Android compatible, as apparently Sennheiser thinks only Apple users buy their hps. :(

598697d5a775b_PortableHiFi.jpg.e28525360b06eb3bf882ce64214a8f0d.jpg

Edited by Citroen

Home: Fischer Audio FA-011 + Audio-gd SA-31
Commute: ATH-M50x + Fiio X1
Very little to no use: Xiaomi Mi4 hybrid earphones and Jaycar Digitech Pro Monitors (HM5/FA-003/Yoga clones)

Upgrade bug has bitten so will probably put most of it up for sale bar the SA-31, I love it too much...

Mr Speakers Ether C Flow, Mr Speakers Aeon, Sennheiser HD800S all in rotation for gaming and music.

I can't bring myself to purchase anymore as I simply can't see it getting much better sound wise from here, everything else would just be small upgrades for largers sums of money. 

11 minutes ago, JimmyiovinE said:

Mr Speakers Ether C Flow, Mr Speakers Aeon, Sennheiser HD800S all in rotation for gaming and music.

I can't bring myself to purchase anymore as I simply can't see it getting much better sound wise from here, everything else would just be small upgrades for largers sums of money. 

Sel All and get the Utopia's

4 minutes ago, Qwertyqaz said:

Sel All and get the Utopia's

Haha no way, had a listen to them and they sound leaner than a slice of corn silverside I found the bass very lacking, and being that I primarily use them for gaming, music and movies I just wasn't moved by the utopia's at all to be honest.  

They had a good hype machine going for then over on head-fi and other outlets Just not for my tastes at their price range.

Edited by JimmyiovinE

I now own a 2nd pair of Yamaha Orthodynamics. Picked up a pair of HP-50A in superb condition for $33 delivered last week. Recabled for stereo operation this morning and they sound great. These will be an alternative to the AT in-ears I use at work & on holidays. The simpler design of these is more robust & better suited for portability than the HP-1s.

IMG_8573.JPG

IMG_8574.JPG