I am still building my system, but for now cant afford separate power amps to drive my equipment so I have settled for using an AV Receiver with a acceptable amount of power output.

I was able to get my hands on for testing with my speakers a Onkyo 601, 607 and a Marantz SR7005

I found that the Marantz posses good Audiophile sound characteristics for an AV Receiver when running in Pure Direct (by passing all EQ and amp hacks)

The sound stage it help produce was excellent, and great balance on highs mid's and lows in comparison to the Onkyo's and funny thing was the 601 Onkyo did a better job then the 607.

running in the 5.1ch DTS/DD the Marantz felt best to me.

I have now bought one and happy !, Air Play is also good !

My speakers,

Fronts : Sonus Faber Concertinos

Center : Sonus Faber Solo Home

Rear : Sonus Faber Wall Domus

Sub : 12" MKSound MK-250

Just though I would share incase any one else was tossing up what AV amp to run their gear as well as good decent sound quality for music!.

-Scott

Edited by ScottieZ

I'm a bit confused....the Title says AV7500, but your post says you wanted an AVR with inbuilt amps, which is the SR7005 (I have one). Is this correct? Just thought i'd check. I use Emotiva UPA-1s for my L/R from the pre-outs of the sr7005, which is awesome. Like to hear the Sonus Fabers with the 7005 though!

I'm a bit confused....the Title says AV7500, but your post says you wanted an AVR with inbuilt amps, which is the SR7005 (I have one). Is this correct? Just thought i'd check. I use Emotiva UPA-1s for my L/R from the pre-outs of the sr7005, which is awesome. Like to hear the Sonus Fabers with the 7005 though!

My bad, I did mean SR7005, I have some Sonus Faber Grand Piano Domus on their way (lucky find) but not sure the amp will handle them, so I am eyeing up a ROTEL RB-991 to hopefully do the job.

But yeah this is my second day of using the amp RDO today so have spent some time with it, really like it.

Edited by ScottieZ

I'm running the AV7005 and i am really happy with the performance for HT . For music it is still not as good as my Bel Canto dac but it is the best sounding receiver i have heard for music.

I'm running the AV7005 and i am really happy with the performance for HT . For music it is still not as good as my Bel Canto dac but it is the best sounding receiver i have heard for music.

When I bought my SR, I didn't want or think i'd need balanced outputs or separate power amps. How things change. So kinda wishing I had a AV7005 now, and setting up a balanced system Even want to do the 2x XLR mod to my T1's and run them off a Woo WA22 from a balanced DAC. Agreed about the DAC, I use a Rega atm but very interested in this NAD M51 everyone is talking about. Would like to do a comparison, however, the XSP-1 coming out is going to be seriously hard not to purchase, to really improve the 2ch aspect of things.