Anatoly Beaver-Hausen

Progressive Rock 101: Why PROG is essential for the Evolution of Mankind.

Just received today.
I can't begin to start with, how good this album is. Prog Metal at its very best. Blowing my tiny little mind.[emoji2962]
Tool, lnoculum. Play it loud...very loud.fcba4a34ec3b03ecae22fe5ef191b4b1.jpg

7 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi Proggers,

An afternoon of Prog Rock CDs that arrived last week and ripping them as flacs to a SSD. First up, Nine Stones Close - One Eye On The Sunrise

One.jpg.6d92296541b0cce22e3b95ac72a99c52.jpg

From www.progarchives.com

When one has raved over an album by a band, there is always a small concern when the next one arrives that it may not be in the same league so it was a little hesitantly that I started playing this one when it arrived. Happily I can report that I had absolutely nothing to worry about! The follow-up from 'Traces' is in a similar vein, but perhaps with just a little more polish and finesse. Adrian Jones Adrian (Numb, Lie Big) Brendan Eyre (Riversea) and Marc Atkinson (Mandalaband, Riversea) have been joined now by Peter Vink (Q65/Ayreon/Star One/Finch) and Pieter van Hoorn (Knight Area) and the result is yet another extremely layered and complex album with elements of Porcupine Tree, Pink Floyd, Marillion and Flower Kings.
If you want to hear just how majestic symphonic prog can be then look no further than "Janus" where every member has a chance to shine, and even simple repeated piano arpeggios can have a major impact on the overall sound. 

JJ

Just listened to this on Qobuz. Loved it. Am now playing their Traces album. Loving that too. Have just downloaded those two albums plus their latest, Leaves. This is bankrupting me. Again.

52 minutes ago, JukKluk2 said:

Just listened to this on Qobuz. Loved it. Am now playing their Traces album. Loving that too. Have just downloaded those two albums plus their latest, Leaves. This is bankrupting me. Again.

Just downloaded.  Me like😋

Steven Wilson ~ The Raven That Refused To Sing

1668652021_TheRaven.jpg.4a8e08df713903da678218c18a512518.jpg

I’m not sure what rock I was under when this was released, Sweet Oblivion.

This is a collaboration of DGM mastermind Simone Mularoni and legendary Geoff Tate with a selection of high-end musicians who have brought us an exceptional album. Working to create that classic sound that Tate made famous in the 90s with his former band Queensryche mixed with the guitar riffs and solos more commonly associated with prog rock, it is quite the genius album.

9B598A66-E4DA-40FC-954B-8468DB30BA33.png

3 hours ago, awayward said:

I’m not sure what rock I was under when this was released, Sweet Oblivion.

This is a collaboration of DGM mastermind Simone Mularoni and legendary Geoff Tate with a selection of high-end musicians who have brought us an exceptional album. Working to create that classic sound that Tate made famous in the 90s with his former band Queensryche mixed with the guitar riffs and solos more commonly associated with prog rock, it is quite the genius album.

9B598A66-E4DA-40FC-954B-8468DB30BA33.png

Just listening to Kings and Thiefs. 

Playing some Flower Kings albums 

The Sum of No Evil

TFK.jpg.1278a147a56a5cc72adbc6c227ea6f05.jpg

Unfold the Future

Unfold.jpg.3b5d619e9e734ea590463e930975580a.jpg

Hi Proggers,

Steven Wilson - Hand. cannot. Erase

Wilson.jpg.45d05e9e9861752ed3b01a75d308b286.jpg

JJ

Hi Proggers,

@needlerunnerStill haven't received my 3 Gazpacho Albums, should have been here last week, will have to chase them up 😢

Currently listening to Riverside, Wasteland CD as an LP was ordered with the Gazpacho albums.

Riverside.jpg.c44fb08472f787d5f2b43167d2823289.jpg

JJ

Hi Proggers,

Procol Harum, Live With The Edmonton Symphony Orchestra

Live.jpg.40afbc30c41db3b1439444d5251a5c3b.jpg

JJ

On 20/09/2019 at 9:07 AM, Janjuc said:

Hi Proggers,

@needlerunnerStill haven't received my 3 Gazpacho Albums, should have been here last week, will have to chase them up 😢

Currently listening to Riverside, Wasteland CD as an LP was ordered with the Gazpacho albums.

JJ

I know, time seems to stop when you order on line. Be worth the wait though, especially " Night " . It's getting a hammering on my tt.

Hi Proggers,

@needlerunnerStill haven't received my 3 Gazpacho Albums, should have been here last week, will have to chase them up [emoji22]

JJ
Just to rub it in further JJ.
Gezpacho-Molok.

1569132193765.jpeg