Progressive Rock 101: Why PROG is essential for the Evolution of Mankind.

Hi Progsters.

Thought l would ask what fellow progsters thought about the new Fish album. I will probably get some Flack for this (and l have only listened on Spotify...twice. But l find this album totally underwhelming.

All the best tracks are on his previous EP. The rest of what is on this new album sound like filler. Yep, totally uninspiring to me.

Have to say disapointed. I held off buying the EP, waiting for this album to come out (after many postponements). Saying this is his greatest album is a misnomer. A Feast Of Consequences beats it hands down by a country mile, as do most of his live albums.

I will now buy the EP, A Parley With Angels; at half the price.

What do others think?

• Like 1

On 01/10/2020 at 5:39 PM, needlerunner said:

Hi Progsters.

Thought l would ask what fellow progsters thought about the new Fish album. I will probably get some Flack for this (and l have only listened on Spotify...twice. But l find this album totally underwhelming.

All the best tracks are on his previous EP. The rest of what is on this new album sound like filler. Yep, totally uninspiring to me.

Have to say disapointed. I held off buying the EP, waiting for this album to come out (after many postponements). Saying this is his greatest album is a misnomer. A Feast Of Consequences beats it hands down by a country mile, as do most of his live albums.

I will now buy the EP, A Parley With Angels; at half the price.

What do others think?

Thought this commentary would have elicited some comment.

Will have to check the obituaries for RIP prog site ⚰ ?

• Like 1

Currently listening to the United Progressive Fraternity, the other spin-off from the ashes of Unitopia, the other being Southern Empire. I seem to be about five or six years behind the times, at least, when it comes to these post-Unitopia outfits. Both are excellent.

I don't know what the two main men are up to these days, but I hope that they are still making music because they are both worth listening to.

your orders Southern Empire

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JukKluk2 said:

Currently listening to the United Progressive Fraternity, the other spin-off from the ashes of Unitopia, the other being Southern Empire. I seem to be about five or six years behind the times, at least, when it comes to these post-Unitopia outfits. Both are excellent.

I don't know what the two main men are up to these days, but I hope that they are still making music because they are both worth listening to.

your orders Southern Empire

What Jack said!

• Like 1

Hevy Devy is back with a ripper of a live album, great mix of his songs and the SQ is amazing, two songs in I had to order the album, got the vinyl and CD pack, not cheap but it is worth it, now do I need the DVD?

Highly recommended 

A514FF66-CB9A-492D-B38B-4592D0127270.png

Edited by awayward
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/10/2020 at 11:44 AM, Batty said:

1st listen, it is so, so Fish. Love it.

IMG_0237.thumb.JPG.6adfbce7b72bc0cf9faed358458b2666.JPG

I had a good search but can't find anywhere to buy and download flac version of this CD.  I have sent a request off to the Fish website asking.

Anyone got any ideas.

Regards Cazzesman

• Like 1