Progressive Rock 101: Why PROG is essential for the Evolution of Mankind.

On 27/08/2019 at 3:47 PM, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

About to do a side by side comparison of the original Australian release of Thick As A Brick against the Steven Wilson remaster.

Thick.jpg.737e16d0911492a6d2720d426cb9523f.jpg

JJ

So my friend 

What is the verdict ???

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Morning All,

I prefer the original release, seems more open and for some reason there is a little muddiness in parts of the 'Steven Wilson' release. perhaps it is the pressing ????

JJ

That makes me feel better - as my copy is the 1977 Australian release 

https://www.discogs.com/Jethro-Tull-Thick-As-A-Brick/release/2840587

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Morning All,

I prefer the original release, seems more open and for some reason there is a little muddiness in parts of the 'Steven Wilson' release. perhaps it is the pressing ????

JJ

For goodness sake JJ, don't open up that can of worms?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 28/08/2019 at 9:41 PM, cafe67 said:

Don't know a lot about Yes or Jon Anderson, but this an interesting and informative interview 

https://www.stereophile.com /never-stop-musical-interview-jon-anderson

On a thread of this nature that's almost akin to walking into the Vatican and asking if the head of the organisation has anything to do with sprinklers?, and, what's a god?

Crikey, Yes have been around for 50 years in one form or another.

But, you are certainly correct about the interview.

Edited by JukKluk2
  • Like 3

On 1 September 2019 at 12:19 PM, JukKluk2 said:

On a thread of this nature that's almost akin to walking into the Vatican and asking if the head of the organisation has anything to do with sprinklers?, and, what's a god?

Crikey, Yes have been around for 50 years in one form or another.

But, you are certainly correct about the interview.

Owner of a lonely heart? In my defence , I spend the 70's and the first third of the 80's living in reginional sheet holes. 

Edited by cafe67
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Batty said:

Try this, it is free download from thier site. http://www.marillion.com/music.htm

and this is their vinyl. http://www.marillion.com/shop/search.php?phystype=Vinyl

Just listening to The New Kings cut on their website of F.E.A.R. album on their website Steve posted. What a track...although not bowled over with lyrics delivery/singing voice....still...what a track!

• Like 1

Steve Hogarth (singer) is 63 now and still belting them tunes out.

Wait till you get to Fantastic Place and Quartz. Their music is so diverse and not driven by any recod company, they do what they want to do.

Edited by Batty
  • Like 3

I have a few CDs and LPs if your interested in a bit more listening prior to any purchases from them.

Edited by Batty
My Prior had dropped the last r.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Batty said:

Me 3. Just ordered.

Thanks Batty. You're a champ.

Did hear about this through the Prog mag, and then completely forgot about it. I'm blaming old age.

So again thanks for the timely reminder.

This will be my first Marillion LP.

I have most of their CDs. Always wanted an LP, but could never figure out which one to get. Because l love them all. But Afraid of Sunlight is a particular favourite, and you get all the extras as well.

Conundrum solved.

It's going to be a beauty. Not a bad price too, considering what you are getting. Be a bonus if it's a signed copy.

I'm assuming that their LPs are of a high recording standard. And that yourself and  JJ would have a few.

So please let me know. Not that it really matters l guess. It is what it is.

Not sure when it's released though. Something to look forward to.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, zippi said:

Just listening to The New Kings cut on their website of F.E.A.R. album on their website Steve posted. What a track...although not bowled over with lyrics delivery/singing voice....still...what a track!

One of my fave songs by them, especially the live version.

Can't believe l only heard about this band 2 years ago.