Sign in to follow this  
greenie512

North QLD meets

Beep!--my Pacemaker gave me jolt--someone mentioned my name?--yep I'm back today after listening to the fabulous new Lenehan ML2 LE's --folks they are THAT good--more to come.

Hi Stevodude wanna kiss butts--I'm a horny sort of dude! :party drop us an off-line note.

Willco

Hey stevodude, good stuff mate, I've never seen a horn speaker up close 

Caf--I'll show you mine if you show me yours :D

W

Provided you keep your pants on mate,  :thumb:  show away!

Provided you keep your pants on mate,  :thumb:  show away!

Well, you are just no fun at all esquire!!!

Well, you are just no fun at all esquire!!!

You know, I have been told that!

Hey All,

New to the forums. I have been living in Mackay for 5 years since leaving Melbourne, where I worked in the high end market for 8 years.

Nice to meet everyone :)

Tim

this Tim from dan murphys?

Hi Tim, we have been a bit lax in the whole NQAC idea, both ellrots and I are sorting out changes to our listening rooms at the moment but come September (or late August if everything goes well) I should be ready to hold a 'listening room warming' GTG here in Bowen.

What brands were you involved with while you were down in the big smoke mate?

Ellrotts.. lol yes it is me

Cafad.. hahah the big smoke. Mainly as far as speakers were involved i dealt mainly in Whatmough. Electronics we had a vast range that we had access too from Marantz all the way up to Halcro. Cabling I mainly dealt with Cardas. 

Time is always on the short side for me but would been keen at some point for a listening session :)

Hi Timbo, Welcome to the Nuthouse :party Caf is our leader and chief corraller  :thumb: Dan Murphy's?-- I think I have shares in that place :hiccup

Unfortunately I shall have to miss the Aug/Sept GTG as I am on Walkabout from my Lair for a month or two

Willco

we will have to put something together soon.

Agreed.  We have been a bit on the slack side.  What about the last Saturday in August, the 31st, could we arrange something for then?  I should have my new room close enough to finished by then if anyone wants to drive up and take it for a spin (so to speak). 

Or are you thinking something in Mackay proper?

dosent fuss me mate, go for a burl at your joint if u like

OK, it's settled, August the 31st at my joint then.  I'll have to get my assets into gear but this will give me a good reason to hurry along.

Say a 10am start (should give some of the Mackay/Townsville travellers time to get here) and I should be able to provide a light lunch of some sort.

If anyone is after an overnight stay I have several comfy ex-bass traps (ie foam mattresses) on offer or you could book into one of the many motels about the place.

If there are any obsessive/compulsive fishermen out there bring your boat and my old man can give you a few GPS spots to try.

Details to follow as things progress, please let me know if you intend to attend as early as possible so I can get an idea of numbers.

Ooops, Fathers day is the second which could mess up many peoples weekend plans so lets move on to Saturday the 7th of September.

Ha.

Seems to be sparse with SNA-ers up this way.

Apparently there's a couple of blokes in Mackay (where I am) who sign in to the forum once a year :unsure:

There should be a couple up your way, from memory, brickie.....not sure

I tried to PM a couple of SNA guys in Townsville a couple of years ago regarding the whole NQAC idea and a possible GTG.  I received no reply so I was forced to conclude that they were not interested.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't try though @ex brickie good luck mate.

I'm from the UK (don't hold that against me!) and the one thing I miss is being able to easily and cheaply buy second hand kit, then pass it on fairly easily with no loss. There was much more of it (more people = more geeks) and postage costs much more reasonable too

(Less distance). An innocuous pastime - but I lived on my own then with a hifi in just about every room inc kitchen!

Interested to hear from anyone in the TSV or Cairns area