Sign in to follow this  
greenie512

North QLD meets

We have just had a new member join QAC based in Bowen, thanks Jeff and welcome.

He’s brought up a good point that it’d be good to have similar meets in the north QLD regions.

Now this is stretching our little SE QLD based group to achieve this but I was wondering if there’s enough people interested further up and out in QLD who’d like to do a similar thing as QAC and hold meets [perhaps no monthly?] as we do, to get together have a chat about our join interests, share ideas and knowledge and listen to someone else’s gear.

I’m sure there’s a good number from Darwin, Cairns, MacKay, Rockhampton, Gladstone, and Bundaberg (one QAC member) and in-land that could form a similar group.

Now I know some SNA GTG’s have happened occasionally further north but this new group may make that a more regular occurrence?

Only you can make this happen …. Is there any expressions of interest out there?

Thanks Phil, I'll certainly stick my hand up to be a part of any North Qld Audio Club (NQAC maybe?). Anyone else?

Cheers,

Jeff.

Thanks Phil, I'll certainly stick my hand up to be a part of any North Qld Audio Club (NQAC maybe?). Anyone else?

Cheers, Jeff.

Just thought, if you are interested, specify your suburb to give others an idea if they are near you. Jeff is BOWEN

Hey Phil, how many members are in the QAC?

And if I wait for the number of views to exceed the number of members in the club would that mean I could call myself the "Northenmost QAC-er"?

If so I think I'll get that printed on a T-shirt.

Cheers,

Jeff.

Hi Phil,

And WELCOME to the QAC to Jeff. Phil, Could this mean that the South East QAC will possibly get to do a 'Road Trip'?

Thanks Mick35. Hmmm, an audio themed Whitsundays holiday? Sounds like a marketable idea to me!

Morning Guys, Interesting concept--the logistics of distance is concerning-- I am in North Qld and finding "common ground " could be difficult but I'm keen and travel a fair bit up and down the coast.

Willco

Hi Willco, if you happen to be driving past Bowen at some point PM me. I have coffee, coke and beer on offer for the minimal price of an opinion on wall treatment, speaker placement and cable choices.

Cheers,

Jeff.

Morning Jeff, Will do--

W

I just checked the population maps and there are over a quarter of a million people that live further north in Qld than I do, surely some of them have an interest in audio and/or home theatre gear. I'm going to give it one more week and then I'm going to get that T-shirt printed and once that happens I'll wear it, regardless of how inaccurate it may be. So come on ladies and gents, you only have seven days to stop me from wearing a blatent lie to the first QAC meet I can get to.

Mate the furthest north I have visited is Normanton, I reckon you're safe.

I figure I should be safe too, but you never know. And until I have someone from the QAC telling me that they live further north than I do the T-shirt offer/threat/promise made in haste stands.

Well, the time has come. I think I'll go for a polo shirt, maybe with "The Northenmost QAC-er!" on the back and a pic of an amps inards or an electrical circuit on the front.

i have only just started to get in to home audio but i live in mackay and would love to talk with and expericene fellow audio buffs gear.

Hi db, I'm gearing up for this trip down to Brissy later this week but I'm sure we can work out a date that suits a little further down the track, late Feb or early March maybe.   Willco and ellrotts are in Mackay too, we could all meet up for a beer and a discussion of all things audio! 

Sound like the beginnings of a plan?

This is good to see..like minded audiophiles that through here and QAC have found mates to hook up with.

If any of you far northerners are in the Birsbane area, drop me or Phil ( greenie) a line and we could arrange something. I think we can arrange your emailing address :) to go onto the QAC list with out membership and all that.

Thoughs............

Campbell

QAC

Second for member of NQAC - Mackay

That makes you, me and db-pioneer.  Willco is off on holidays until sometime in May so he may chime back in later on.  Three of us huh, well, it's a start.

Is there anyone else living, well, anywhere north of the Tropic of Capricorn and interested in a GTG or NQAC or anything related to the two?  If so let myself or ellrotts know, we'd love to meet up with more SNA'ers up here in the north.

GTG my place, must get drunk!!!

If we must, we must!

I lived in Rockhampton until about 5 years ago, I still get up to Rocky every now and then to visit my folks. You guys are all a bit further north than that though, by a decent margin too.

Yeah, a monthly meet like the guys in the south east corner is probably out of the question, too few people, too much distance, but maybe we could do a quarterly or 6 monthly GTG.  We're flexible.  We need a few more hands in the air before we can move forward though.

I know there are some Townsvillians out there, how about it guys, anyone interested?

I got another young chap same age as myself who would be keen he is about to go out and buy a whole system. I got him hooked. He may be moving to Melbourne soon though

Another Mackay dude here. DIY full ranger horn lover, vintage amps speakers and generally all things music.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Hey stevodude, good stuff mate, I've never seen a horn speaker up close so I'm pretty curious to see/hear this set up of yours. 

Willco is back too so that makes 5 of us.  Is that enough to start NQAC? 

(I'm thinking of a more general T-shirt now, nothing quite as dramatic as I was previously considering)