Welcome back QAC

We’re back, welcome to the newly [well, re-inserted] Queensland Audio Club forum. Some of the QAC members had been asking me where the QAC “groups†forum went since the last SNA forum revamp. On a quick PM to Marc, he found our threads in the database and we decided to set up a separate forum here – thanks Marc.

As this is a PUBLIC forum I'd ask that existing QAC members and all SNA’ers please use this forum for QAC specific postings.

Those interested in joining QAC can do so via http://www.qldaudioclub.org.au/ we have recently elected a new set of club committee members and at the same time decided to have a $20 club membership subscription. This is to aid keeping the web site up and cover sundry costs. We are currently keeping our existing mailing list open but come the start of July 2012 we have agreed to restrict mailings/event notifications etc to only subscribed members.

Cheers - Phil G

• Like 1

Hi Phil.. Has there been any meetings lately? How do I go about paying my $20.

Cheers, Jeff

Woops sorry I can see it's all covered on the website.

Edited by JeffK
  • Like 1

Hi Phil

I have been a member for a while now but unfortunately have not been able to make it along to any meetings. The meeting on the 14th at Aussi Hi Fi would have been perfect because its just down the road from where I live but unfortunately I am in Canberra right now and wont be up in time - bummer.

Anyway gladly paid the $20 - my question is whats next?

Thanks

Bill

Hi Phil - I have been a member for a while now but unfortunately have not been able to make it along to any meetings. The meeting on the 14th at Aussi Hi Fi would have been perfect because its just down the road from where I live but unfortunately I am in Canberra right now and wont be up in time - bummer. - Anyway gladly paid the $20 - my question is whats next? - Thanks - Bill

Hi Bill, because we hold meeting at member’s house we don't release this information publically over a forum like this. But I have emailed out to those on our email list the May 19th meet details. And as you are on the list you should have received this, if you haven’t PM me you current email and I’ll send you the details.

'Evening Phil.

Despite indicating that I'd be in attendance this weekend, it turns out that I will not be able to do so after all.

I have an overseas visitor arriving on Friday evening with his family.

It wouldn't be polite if I were to 'disappear' on Saturday to hang out with my audiophile buddies.

So, apologies in advance.

Russ.

• Administrator

I will not be moderating QAC anyfurther as the Club itself has been dumped by StereoNet. As everythinig is now in public domain I don't see the point on being here at all.

How rude!

For a start, StereoNET is under no obligation to provide this resource. We've provided QAC a forum for exposure to StereoNET's own QLD members to become active and involved in QAC at NO CHARGE. Hell, we don't charge a $20 membership fee (although it would be nice if we could). We were not even aware that QAC had created a private group on SNA prior to the forum changeover, and explained to the club secretary who actually contacted me to discuss the matter, the information is still in the database, but the functionality 'currently' does not exist to bring it back and create the private groups.

I'm in two minds whether the ability to have 'private groups' within SNA is in the best interests of our website but in the meantime, and as a compromise have created this public group that recognises QAC which provides a medium for announcements and information. The club secretary considered this a nice gesture and was quite thankful.

If you don't like that, you know what you can do, although as you state, there is no point being on here anymore.

I'm over an ungrateful, rude and inconsiderate small handful of "members" on this site. This here is a perfect example.

My apologies to the QAC members utilising this resource who have to read this. Hopefully we can move on without this negativity.

I'm going to ask what I'm sure others are thinking: what exactly is the $20 covering? I got the email saying website and sundry expenses, as a new member having only attended one meet previously I'm just not sure what the sundry expenses are.

Sure, I couldn't care less about losing $20 ... just asking the question.

Dear StereoNet

After your revamped website went live, I had contacted SNA a few times in regards to the where abouts of the Groups and in particular Qld Audio Club. The QAC forum had 57 members and it worked very well ( thank you). I had not received any email from SNA informing me that there will no longer be a groups section and hence QAC disappeared.

Quote “As everything is now in public domain I don't see the point on being here at all.†Was for the sole purpose of not using SNA at all for QAC arranging meetings etc - due to it being public. I was not referring don’t use SNA at all.

Apologies given that I had not made this clearer.

ps. Glad to put you on the new QAC website .

Campbell

So how did the meet go on Saturday?

Turns out I could have gone because the gf went over to Toowoomba to see her Dad who was hospitalised after breaking his hip. Had trouble convincing myself to drive all the way from Kingaroy to Capalaba return though.

Jeff