Sign in to follow this  
b.d

a whole evening on Youtube

Pretty good is youtube I reckon. So many priceless moments at the click of a button. **** fidelity of course but sometimes closer to the music none the less. Just spent a whole evening discovering stuff, thought I'd post my favorites.

Lambchop doing a Sisters of Mercy cover, who woulda thought

M83 doing a live version of Wait:

Sufjan

omg as they say

Edited by b.d

omg as they say

Do you think that picture will made a good Avatar :)

FR

the Lambchop 2LP album " is a Woman" back in 2002 had a bonus CD with the Sisters cover as well as Brown Eyed Girl from the Stones. very kool.

Glad you discovered it.

Youtube is great to listen to some tunesto see if you like it without resorting to stealing the music

the Lambchop 2LP album " is a Woman" back in 2002 had a bonus CD with the Sisters cover as well as Brown Eyed Girl from the Stones. very kool.

Glad you discovered it.

Youtube is great to listen to some tunesto see if you like it without resorting to stealing the music

This Corrosion! I'd forgotten about that. Must dig it out.

I go there sometimes. My wife has to put a time limit on herself because she could stay there all day listening to stuff from her past. It can become addictive quite easily.

Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam on Ukulele -

Song Title - Cant Keep

I like the Ukulele and what an artist can do with 4 strings

omg as they say

Those guys are hilarious. They really take the mickey out of the Afrikaans. Very clever stuff

Strange thing, I posted the wrong link for Freaky last night, the one with the still photo rather than the Official HD Video, but then edited it strait away. The link now look like the right one (

) but links to the wrong one. Anyway, you gotta check the video, I certainly didnt post it for its musical content. Fok Julle Naaiers is even more eye opening, genius there when you get the joke. Wonder how they went down at Big Day Out?

Bevan, thanks for droppinig Sufjan, M83 and Lambchop on us. Great stuff. As for Die Antwoord, well thats another story. They are hard core rap rave act as you know from South African, sort of rap/pop dutchmen with a real nasty edge. They were a real hit at all the festivals they have played at here-my kids love them and have seen them many times and have their music. I cant say I can endorse that sort of heavy mindless attitude-but then again they are selling records and making a living which is more than some folk in SA can do right now. Again Bev you would know that

I think the Antwoord are a bit of a joke that I suspect they are in on too, sort of like an all singing all dancing Borat. Dont doubt there are many mindless fans who dont get the joke. The guy suffers for his art too (literally, if the tattoo "What kyk jy?" on his knob is to be believed. I got a friend who used to like above him in the late 90s and reckoned he never left home not fully "in character" with whatever his schtick was then (Max Normal I think), so its sometimes hard to see if the guy is being serious or not. He captures something uniquely South African, sort of like The Castle did for Australia, you got to him him some credit there? :)

Check this one out if you havent, hilarious I think, maybe just me .

Remember him from the 90's, hard to recognize

As Neil Young puts it,

"I look at the Internet as the new radio," Young said. "I look at radio as gone ... Piracy is the new radio, that's how music gets around."

Embrace the net, discover new music, then go and buy what you think is worth spending money on!

Edited by surfpurple

Bev, you are probably right with the in character bit-although it does appear quite convincing. I have said to my kids, Die Antwoord have no answers to any bloody thing!

Alan

I think the Antwoord are a bit of a joke that I suspect they are in on too, sort of like an all singing all dancing Borat.

rofl! I h8 sacha:p

Seriously easy to lose time on youtube and yes a great place to explore new sounds. surfpurple's right too, most of us spend it where it counts, I think.

I was searching for something else and stumbled on this relic of a past relationship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkUOblvARNk&feature=related

The similarities With Sasha Baron Cohen dont end there though, "Ninjas" real name is Watkin Tudor Jones. WATKIN TUDOR JONES. I mean come on, how can you be taken seriously as a gansta with a name like that?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42117[/ATTACH]

Thanks for vid Rehabitat

I'm laffin so hard it hertz

"pop the cap on the mo-et"

How are you guys listening to YouTube? I only recently bought an Apple TV so now stream it into my HT system and it's just great. I'm also finding that lots of stuff is A1 for sound quality as well.

Speaking of Neil Young SP, one of his greatest songs Ambulance Blues, there's a cover version on there by a guy called Sean Kelly(not The Models guy) which is just sublime and dare I say it, maybe even better than the original and A1 sound quality - well worth checking out!

Laptop, but was thinking today about running it from my hifi's computer. Was also thinking how nice a future will be where all youtube videos are 320kb or better...

How are you guys listening to YouTube? I only recently bought an Apple TV so now stream it into my HT system and it's just great. I'm also finding that lots of stuff is A1 for sound quality as well.

Speaking of Neil Young SP, one of his greatest songs Ambulance Blues, there's a cover version on there by a guy called Sean Kelly(not The Models guy) which is just sublime and dare I say it, maybe even better than the original and A1 sound quality - well worth checking out!

I have a CD of Neil Young covers by a lot of well known and obscure bands. I like to hear others cover his songs.

And on the subject of U-tube, I connect my lappy via HDMI to the TV (as a monitor), and connect to my Receiver via Toslink (for sound). It works a treat for both visual and audio. And there are lots of 'very good' quality videos with good sound as well. The laptop provides the ultimate in 'flexability' when using the net OR my own files (video or audio).

Another site that was recommended to me by rippingdragon is vimeo, it is more designed for video I think but means is often high quality and can feed directly into most media players including most recently the Apple TV.. Vimeo Everywhere

Edited by likwidsh0k