The Walking Dead. - foxtel fx

Just gotten into the series.

Am nearly through series 2 atm.

So far very enjoyable but I am still wondering how can they keep finding new ways of stabbing zombies in the head.

Just gotten into the series.

Am nearly through series 2 atm.

So far very enjoyable but I am still wondering how can they keep finding new ways of stabbing zombies in the head.

This has been a great series, joz, and we watched seasons 1 - 3 on DVD and we're currently watching the latest season 4 on Fox. Recorded last night's episode but haven't watched it yet. The way they stab the zombies in the head doesn't change actually, but I reckon this latest season has even more edginess about it than the previous seasons had.

Cheers,

Keith

I gotta say, this show is getting a little long in the tooth.......more protracted AMC BS, the first what 6 episodes of the current season are pointless and its going to end as the last did - rick v the governor......

The only way the Governor is coming back is as a Walker.  :eek:

• 2 months later...

Yeh I enjoyed s2 as well. The sexism is astonishing to me, as is the in fighting. Leader makes 99 life saving decisions, 1 mistake, sack him, burn the bastard! Hilarious stuff.

And Shane, holy Moses his brains drop out of his head long before he turns.

I wonder why none of Ricks group shared their knowledge gleaned at the CDC with Milton and the Gov, both those characters had feelings for the turned as if th turned still had something of their old personality, yet at the Cdc it was shown the zombies are entirely different.

But spose that would have affected the hate/war dynamic.

• 7 months later...

I was fortunate not watching it as it came out. So much better to watch the entire 4 seasons over a few weeks so the story is always fresh in your mind. It was apparent that after the first 2 seasons they had well and truly run out of ways for zombies to be scary, such that the humans then provided the scares.

I reckon they might have jumped the shark, but we shall see. Really looking forward to it and hope they can scare me again.

Guest Peter the Greek

I am pretty much  over it. I will watch the new season, but it was Risk's BS "they don't know who they're messing with" comment at the end of last season that did it for me....they have no gear, no weapons and they're stuck in a train carriage.....really

I am pretty much  over it. I will watch the new season, but it was Risk's BS "they don't know who they're messing with" comment at the end of last season that did it for me....they have no gear, no weapons and they're stuck in a train carriage.....really

I think it was a great line, Daryl did too, and no spoilers but we know that they're going to get out of that train carriage.

I think it was a great line, Daryl did too, and no spoilers but we know that they're going to get out of that train carriage.

The line was typical. Poor Rick is fed up. Perhaps the carriage will get turned over by a herd of unstoppable walkers and they make good their escape into the hitherto unnoticed helicopter.

The line was typical. Poor Rick is fed up. Perhaps the carriage will get turned over by a herd of unstoppable walkers and they make good their escape into the hitherto unnoticed helicopter.

Will? It did air 5 hours ago. No helicopter involved :)

Is that a spoiler? I have yet to see it.

And possibly knowing that a helicopter was or wasn't involved (I might have been lying) is somehow going to diminish that experience. To be honest I never really understand why people participate in threads about shows that have aired but they haven't yet gotten around to watching.