Sign in to follow this  
bhobba

A/V Receiver With Pre Outs

I am going down to Canberra Monday to help a friend set up a home theater system in his place with ML3 Reference for the front and ML2 Reference for the rear. I have some reasonable amps for the front speakers (a Patek amp) and am looking for one of those A/V Receivers like say an Yamaha etc that has pre outs to connect to the Patek but amps for the rears.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Bill

Hmmm, Bill, I'm sitting here listening via my Marantz SR6006 AVR while waiting for Hugh to finish building me a NAKSA 100!

The Marantz has pre outs, with 7x105w amps for each channel. Not sure its up the SQ you're used to!? Doesn't hold a candle to a NAKSA (I had a 70 until recently and the Marantz in pure direct 2-channel mode sounds a bit anaemic compared to that).

Graeme (in Agnes Water/1770 QLD)

Hi Graeme

Nothing really beats the NAKSA for the price (mine is out of commission right now - I accidentally blew it up) and I am sure no Home Theater Receiver will. Thanks for the tip on the Marantz though. But after a bit of hunting around I found this from a store in Canberra:

http://www.merlinaudiodesign.com.au/amplifiers.html

Does anyone else know anything about it?

Thanks

Bill

Bill

Eastwood Hi Fi in Melbourne sells Anthem and Yamaha.

The Anthem products have recently been on special. See this thread.

I can supply Anthem and Integra. Let me know the budget. On top of that I would really like to hear ML speakers.

Edited by Decky

I can supply Anthem and Integra. Let me know the budget. On top of that I would really like to hear ML speakers.

Regardless of what my mate decides to get or where he buys it you can most definitely hear both ML Speakers, the PDX, the Metrum and other stuff I will be taking down. I will drop you a line when its set up, and a general invite will be given for guys in Canberra to have a listen. However they are being shipped separately on about the 16th - I expect to arrive sometime late in the afternoon of the 6th and will probably be checking out stuff from the next day (the Wednesday) on. The other thing we will need is some interim stands until Mike has completed his stands specifically designed for the ML2's.

Thanks

Bill

Edited by bhobba