Denon 4311 vs Pioneer LX75 - opinions needed

Thanks for all the help guys, i went and had a listen yesterday and decided on the Denon.

Sounded much better IMO, so much deeper and fuller (if that makes sense), the Pioneer also sounded good but just a little thin and tinny compared to the Denon.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes something be very happy wiht am pretty sure. definitely some charecter differences between the brands too. so good got the opportunity to demo between them to decide for yourself what sounds best to your ears. Congrats ! :thumb:

yes something be very happy wiht am pretty sure. definitely some charecter differences between the brands too. so good got the opportunity to demo between them to decide for yourself what sounds best to your ears. Congrats ! :thumb:

It was a bit of a battle to get the hifi store to let me listen to them both, the sales rep made it seem like it was the hardest thing in the world to unpack an amp and plug it in.

Of course that soon faded when i told them i'd buy it and handed over the cash. The only thing that kept me from walking out was the owner of the store and how nice he was to me on my previous visit.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for all the help guys, i went and had a listen yesterday and decided on the Denon.

Sounded much better IMO, so much deeper and fuller (if that makes sense), the Pioneer also sounded good but just a little thin and tinny compared to the Denon.

Sounds like that agree's with my assessment of the cheaper end of those two brands also. The Denon 1311 sounds better, deeper and fuller, than the Pioneer vsx919. My new Cambridge Audio 650 AVR sounds better than either of those entry models, would be interested how it sounds compared to the 4311 and the near top pioneer gear.

I also found that the pioneer sounded better, straight out of the box, for home theatre - but that after some time setting up, the Denon 1311 eventually overtook the pioneer in HT also. Musically the Denon has it all over the Pioneer.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest indiancurry

I have a boxed Denon 4308 :P , waiting for my new house to set up the AV. At the moment using the Yamaha RXV557. As Lil Caesar said, go for the Denon, ie if you have not already bought it