Sign in to follow this  
MKSOUND_HT

Movies you're normally embarrassed to admit that you like :)

It will probably horrify those with 'sophisticated' musical tastes but I frequently replay some of the tracks on the DVD of Kylie Monogue's "Live in Sydney' performance - track 16 is almost enough to turn me hetro - I said almost. I also get off on replaying again and again all the early St Trinians films and especially those with Alisdiar Sims as Miss Millienent Friton the headmistress from hell. Can I also confess to repeat viewings of 'Elvira, Mistress of The Dark'?

post-105869-0-72904200-1339929766.jpg

Edited by Dismord

Mary Poppins, Bedknobs & Broomsticks and this version of Wind in the Willows.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wind_in_the_Willows_(1983_film)

We wore out the vhs and the dots in the dvd must also be close to worn out.

I still love the song "When the Toad Came Home"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOwBJp0-Vew

Mary Poppins, Bedknobs & Broomsticks and this version of Wind in the Willows.

http://en.wikipedia....lows_(1983_film)

We wore out the vhs and the dots in the dvd must also be close to worn out.

I still love the song "When the Toad Came Home"

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOwBJp0-Vew[/media]

This is somewhat OT, but I am unashamedly a WiW tragic. :)

I had the 2 vinyl albums ARGO release during the 80's and I literally wore them out. The voice characterisations were utterly superb and I can recite the whole two albums almost verbatim,replete with correct accents for each main character. :D

Any person or family should read/hear/see the complete story as a necessary part of cultural education.

Freddie Got Fingered, with Tom Green. Appalingly bad taste humour that some rank as the worst movie ever made. I thought it was hilarious.

Freddie Got Fingered- yup, some sort of classic. It's not every movie that can claim to having the star toss off a horse,( not that there is anything wrong with that).

ZM.

Edited by Zen Mister

Titanic, Earthquake, Towering Inferno, Dantes Peak, Poseidon Adventure(even the remake). I am a sucker for disaster movies

Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay - one of the stupidest but funniest movies I have seen in a while. President Bush smoking a joint and joking about the cock sandwich is priceless.

Edited by turntable

i just hope and pray that nobody admits to liking "The Sound of Music" { it is my all time nausea inducing nightmare ]

That would require immediate and radical medical intervention:)

Ahem...... I like "The Sound of Music" and I've done the tour in Salzburg!

Sure, it's schmalzy and cringe-worthy but it's actually a very good story (embellished as it is). Plus, Liesl is HOT HOT HOT! Check out those big blue doll eyes.

And let's not forget that this film has given rise to one of life's most perplexing questions, to which science has not yet been able to provide an answer: "how do you solve a problem like Maria?"

(Some might say a bullet should do the trick).

LOL

Dave

Edited by Prana69

Ahem...... I like "The Sound of Music" and I've done the tour in Salzburg!

Sure, it's schmalzy and cringe-worthy but it's actually a very good story (embellished as it is). Plus, Liesl is HOT HOT HOT! Check out those big blue doll eyes.

And let's not forget that this film has given rise to one of life's most perplexing questions, to which science has not yet been able to provide an answer: "how do you solve a problem like Maria?"

(Some might say a bullet should do the trick).

LOL

Dave

'The Sound of Music' makes me want to vomit but it's nowhere near as nauseating as 'Carousel' . Just mentioning it makes me feel sick. Another I can't stand is 'South Pacific. My parents dragged me along to the film when a young thing. When the entire screen turned yellow for the song 'The Sky is a Bright Canary Yellow' I ran screaming from the theatre.

On the other hand I love 'West Side Story'. Mr Berntein somehow managed to blend the seriously operatic with the usual musical treacle without making it sickening. Jerome Robins choreography has also stood the test of time.

Two of my many guilty pleasures are the SNL spinoff movies, SUPERSTAR ( with the deliriously bonkers Molly Shannon sweet-talking a tree, and a street sign, amongst other delights) and THE LADIES MAN. This one features a fabulous West Side Story spoof segment, put there for no other reason than they could, so they did.

Recommended to round off a heavy week.

ZM.

Chopper.

Dumb and Dumber and Me Myself and irene.

Oh yeah, +1!!

Also some of the early underrated Eddie Murphy movies - Boomerang, Coming to America and Trading Places.

Hudson Hawk : A favourite of mine that many people feel I should be embarrassed to admit. It is always much better when watched with a large amount of beer.

Also love disaster movies of all descriptions. Recently watched Stonehenge Apocalypse with my wife and we both loved it.

Unstoppable.

The one with the train that runs away in America. Worst movie ever!