Turntable Quandry

I hear you loud and clear Daniel,you have given me far better advice than any hifi store thank you![/b]

Just make sure you don't buy anything that's "out of fashion"... perhaps consult Vogue Hi-Fi and check out the runways in Paris and Milan... :wink:

Have you considered the Michell Gyrodec? Thought that might be in your price range...then again maybe a bit over.

Cheers

M

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont want to bag other people in a public thread, but I'll make a few points.

* Turntables are mechanical, which means simpler is better unless you have lots $$$ to overcome the engineering challenges and you want to buy from a company who has been making turntables for a long time.

* Beware flavour of the month turntables, get something you can get serviced and supported in OZ.

* RB250 is < RB300 on the P3. Remember these were not expensive turntables in the UK, very NAD Midfi.

* The JMW tonearm is in another league. Being a uni-pivot it is very simple, and VPI execute this simple design very well.

* Linns go off song and need a service every few of years to keep them in shape. Most owners of older Linns don't bother with this expense, and you could be getting something tired. Setup right though, they are very musical. You be better off with a Ittok arm though. The Akito once again is not as good as the RB300 you already have.

Daniel.