Audio Definition Owners & Discussion Thread

• 1 month later...

They wouldn't have cost much more than that 15-20 years ago.  

I have a pair of Duets (which cost $2k new in the late 90s as I recall) which I am having to get rid of because we are moving overseas.  I am putting them on this forum's Classifieds Board, and will just be happy if they go to a good home.  I didn't expect (and still don't) that they would be worth much now.

Life is full of joy. Listening to vinyl this afternoon on my refurbished Thorens turntable pumped through Audio Definition Silhouette speakers. Absolute bliss. Both items purchased from Lia & Glen about 25 years ago & still going gang busters.

• 8 months later...

Hello

I just bought a set of Audio Definition "Duet" floor standing speakers apparently made in S.A. around 16 years ago beautiful sound look like very good quality but I can't find any information about them on the net and they are a sealed unit, have to remove the sock (speaker grill) if I want to get a look at the drivers which I'm a bit hesitant to do so can anybody help me please if they know anything about this company and what they made.

Cheers

Seb

hi got giving pair synergy ser 6004 very tall speaker about 5.6ft tall i don't much about them all i know that there were only 4 sets made 3 them gone japan i got other set they sound great they have 6 speakers in them i have not remove cover for long time they weight around 40+kg each. i have pictures of them sumwere with covers off they very nice made any tell me about them as not info about them, i got told they cost around $30,000 when first came out. i found pictures now got 40 taking so want up load sum i will then tell more about them

• Like 1

hi got giving pair synergy ser 6004 very tall speaker about 5.6ft tall i don't much about them all i know that there were only 4 sets made 3 them gone japan i got other set they sound great they have 6 speakers in them i have not remove cover for long time they weight around 40+kg each. i have pictures of them sumwere with covers off they very nice made any tell me about them as not info about them, i got told they cost around $30,000 when first came out. i found pictures now got 40 taking so want up load sum i will then tell more about them

Looking forward to the pics :-)

SS

• 5 months later...
On 7/22/2016 at 4:35 AM, mayorheadrush said:

13698270_1000045923427583_6811300868949598043_o.jpg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hi there, 

I have just been kindly gifted by a fellow named Jeff Neild a pair of Quintet serial number 10001. They have been kindly donated to my recording studio here in Whangarei northland new Zealand where I'm hoping they will serve as some very good playback speakers. I am so very interested in finding out about these beauties. Is your phone number still through same as on earlier threads? I'd love to catch up.

• 2 weeks later...
Wish I had seen this thread earlier. A pair of large Sllohouettes was advertised in gumtree Perth last month for $1000, sold in one day!

there is a pair of audio def. bookshelfs for $80 on ebay pick up in NSW

Sent from my iPhone using Telepathy

• 1 year later...
22 minutes ago, earlcole said:

I don't suppose anyone has the specs for the Audio Definition Duets? I can't find any information on them and I own a pair. 

Search the classifieds here & you should find a listing or two on the ones I’ve owned & sold. The pics include shots of the brochure with specs.

Cheers

’Nutz

On 19/07/2017 at 12:44 AM, Drummerboyandy said:

Hi there, 

I have just been kindly gifted by a fellow named Jeff Neild a pair of Quintet serial number 10001. They have been kindly donated to my recording studio here in Whangarei northland new Zealand where I'm hoping they will serve as some very good playback speakers. I am so very interested in finding out about these beauties. Is your phone number still through same as on earlier threads? I'd love to catch up.

Wow this is so nice. Makes my day. I remember Jeff. He had a lot of faith in us buying the first pair. 

Kind regards Lia Audio Definition. 

On 21/07/2016 at 8:42 PM, mayorheadrush said:

hi got pair the same but my are synergy ser 6004 diffirent tops then one on ebay so dont much more about them.

Good morning 

Well let me see. Just for the record. 

Synergy model sold for $3,000 retail. 

There where at least 70 pairs made, of which about 20 went to China. Another 10 in Asia somewhere. I don’t believe there are any in Japan. 

The rest are in Aus. Super popular because of their efficiency and great sound. 

Email me direct and I can see if I have specs. 

The later model had a ribbon tweeter instead of the on in the pic. 

Still awesome however. Hope you love them. 

Liajet21@gmail.com

Lia. Audio Definition

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

There is a great set of Audio Definition STATIS speakers atm on Gumtree in Perth..

Going by the size of these. There is nowhere in my house to place them..

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bassendean/speakers/audio-definitions-flag-ship-speakers-statis-swap-or-sell/1200036891

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I have a pair of Audio Definition speakers (016) and I now have to down size. They have given me great joy over the years. I am now 85 years old and followed my father with a love of good quality music and reproduction. My Father was a horn loaded enthusiast and was a friend of Voigt. ( of Lothar Voigt) So Hi-Fi has been in my blood for a long time. Dad used to cut his own vinyl to try to get good recordings, in addition to always building his own amplifiers. In his days speakers were so efficient Voigt only used a few Watts to fill Alexandria Palace in the UK. I will put them on Gumtree in the near future.

<snip>Classifieds Ad removed<snip>

Edited by Marc
advertising email address for purchasing speakers

• 9 months later...

I found a flyer and I thought that it might help this topic.

If by any chance copyrighted please remove it or let me know and I will remove them.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by 5L15
Possible copyright
  • Love 1

• 4 weeks later...