Sign in to follow this  
hybridfiat

Beer: "proof that God loves us"

Very full flavoured ale, a knife and fork jobbie. Would go very well with a strong, sharp cheddar. 

At 8.5% wouldn’t need too many either. 

A6455326-1577-412A-987B-FF21C9441EEC.jpeg

386D44D0-03EC-4628-9D00-7261A6FA5F2E.jpeg

1 hour ago, A J said:

Nice ab35cd7af5141aeedfbd8fb35e54d87f.jpg

Oh yeah, one of my fav’s........its amazing from the tap in the US of A where it does not travel too far....

A big call for a school night but couldn’t resist:hiccup

6E00D1D8-28FB-4D46-A4DE-E3B01AD4DC3C.jpeg

A new one for me. Not too shabby. Slight caramel overtones with tart, slightly hoppy mouthfeel. 

79402886-F05A-483E-9C7B-18AB526B0E67.jpeg

@frankn yes all of the Weihanstephaner beers are great but I reckon you went straight to the best one. A bit low in oomph, alcohol wise but very good nonetheless. Will def try that Golden Pride too if I come across some.

Edited by Darren69

Went to the local craft beer experts.https://www.apodliquor.com.au/

Got thru 2 of these last night, The Feral Dark Matter which was nice, Wicked Elf porter was too gassy to drink from the bottle. Gave away the Holgate to my old man who dropped in on his way home. I'm sure the rest will disappear tonight

OVGGhhs2QwuNeBFthULLoA.jpg

Edited by blybo

1 hour ago, blybo said:

Went to the local craft beer experts.https://www.apodliquor.com.au/

Got thru 2 of these last night, The Feral Dark Matter which was nice, Wicked Elf porter was too gassy to drink from the bottle. Gave away the Holgate to my old man who dropped in on his way home. I'm sure the rest will disappear tonight

They are all too good to drink from the bottle! 

Good news for craft beer enthusiasts, as BrewDog has opened a craft beer hotel. From the press release:

Independent craft brewer, BrewDog is celebrating the opening of its hotly anticipated craft beer hotel, the DogHouse. Located at the site of its US brewery in Columbus, Ohio, the DogHouse is the world’s first hotel to offer guests a night’s stay inside a brewery. Guests will be able to watch the brewers at work from rooms overlooking the state-of-the-art brewing facility. The 32-room DogHouse will feature beer taps in each room and a built-in shower beer fridge amongst many other features that make for the ultimate immersive beer utopia.

Just one to assist in relaxing. Went up and down stairs 4 times today without crutches!!

Love the serving suggestions on the back but I’m happy just trying it virgin. 

5B6F80A1-2833-461B-B348-EFDC70B909E8.jpeg

9D9BEF2E-D09E-4A8B-86AE-D3B8DBA32C11.jpeg

Edited by frankn
Added information

5 minutes ago, frankn said:

Went up and down stairs 4 times today without crutches!!

Well done...deserves a second beer...

Wonder how many realise how difficult using crutches going downstairs is...

20 hours ago, Rob181 said:

Well done...deserves a second beer...

Wonder how many realise how difficult using crutches going downstairs is...

The saying goes--"The good leg goes to heaven, the bad leg goes to h*ll." 😇 

(IOW the good leg stays higher than the bad leg when moving up or down.)

Flexing the knee by walking “up” stairs so the recovery knee goes 1st. Coming down is a mixed bag as I’m not so confident and the knee doesn’t flex past 60-70deg atm. 

1 hour ago, frankn said:

Coming down is a mixed bag as I’m not so confident and the knee doesn’t flex past 60-70deg atm. 

What % of bend in your knee is your goal...

Getting the most from my leg when it was almost amputated...

Has become an area of knowledge...

Edited by Rob181

Initially to get back on the pushie - so about 120deg and then as good as original or as close as possible. 

27 minutes ago, frankn said:

Initially to get back on the pushie

Its amazing how small things can be a catalyst for change...

It took me over 2 months to be able to complete 1 full pedal rotation...

It was a HUGE moment...tears of joy/emotion/satisfaction flowed...

That was the moment I knew..if I worked my arse off...I could do it...

Should be interesting. Mixed carton from Colonial.

5F1E2C19-A0C2-4BF4-95B6-FD7AAB112E9F.thumb.jpeg.15546e7cb02d3659471ef5332297aaf1.jpeg

you know now something wrong when staff at the bottle o only use your first name 

A75FA291-6530-46D0-A399-79CAA16FC839.thumb.jpeg.dac909f3ab4f7da17931f9bb93d889b4.jpeg

ct3ykAPnOpZLQ6OgDhq0n42RzfIzKG9dqtK6X1l8

Ballistic, Sth Side BNE deep in a recessed corner of an industrial estate - great place to take kids of an Sunday arvo, some one will have brought a ball and they instinctively flock to that and run riot in the endless space while you absorb fresh brews, the live music, and 26 deg "winter" vibe 

Prior to this had a Pirate Life Pale Ale (S.Australia)  - have to be in top 5 PA's in country?? 

On 04/09/2018 at 1:43 PM, TomAus said:

Good news for craft beer enthusiasts, as BrewDog has opened a craft beer hotel. From the press release:

Independent craft brewer, BrewDog is celebrating the opening of its hotly anticipated craft beer hotel, the DogHouse. Located at the site of its US brewery in Columbus, Ohio, the DogHouse is the world’s first hotel to offer guests a night’s stay inside a brewery. Guests will be able to watch the brewers at work from rooms overlooking the state-of-the-art brewing facility. The 32-room DogHouse will feature beer taps in each room and a built-in shower beer fridge amongst many other features that make for the ultimate immersive beer utopia.

is the same mob setting up in Brisbane out in Murarrie under the Gateway Bridge? 

On 01/09/2018 at 4:12 PM, Darren69 said:

Very nice, especially the PA

98EDCF97-818D-43F5-BD2E-AA4955D355F2.thumb.jpeg.7fdb1f6cce534a5304ee81c1d6863b6f.jpeg

8A2448EE-2521-4E73-AF3D-4CE9AC0F0ADE.thumb.jpeg.66a2de2acaa7ec3149ccd0e03f81cc2d.jpeg

you recommend then? 

was close to grabbing one for the walk home :whistle:

Flash Bang, White IPA by Black Hops - sounds like a trip 

9 hours ago, wasabijim said:

you recommend then? 

was close to grabbing one for the walk home :whistle:

Flash Bang, White IPA by Black Hops - sounds like a trip 

I liked it and I certainly recommend you giving it a go. :D

I liked their PA better though.

Pirate Life PA is very nice. Balter PA blows it away though, just my 2c. I think the Balter PA is also better than their Strong PA but that's just me.

Try the Pirate Life Mosaic if you get a chance. I tried their IIPA but didn't think it was that great however both myself and Luc love the Colinial Brewing IPA so there you go, the nuances of taste buds.

Have drank the Colinial IPA already out of the mixed pack, haha, still awesome. Am trying the Draught (strange it is called a Draught as it is a Kolsch Ale but there you go) which isn't that great.

lifelong coopers drinker here.

until recently.

now furphy.

about a year ago or more I started getting pains in my feet. i'm told it's part of getting older. i don't get the pain when I switch to furhy.

just saying.

Apparently I'm getting old.

(and I'm fine with that)

Young & Henry's Newtowner Pale Ale

Taken from a 7 Degree fridge where it has been cooling for a week. Upon opening it frothed losing about 10% of its volume and most of its fizz. The Chef had just finished cleaning the kitchen so I am now in the bad books. In the photo the fill level is where it was at after it finished gushing. The now flat 'beer' looked over hopped and too estery. I am sure the guys behind this brand have very nicely groomed beards, use organic hair care products and have sustainable business cards. But your beer is $hit. Fail.

yh.jpg.b0d3a4abeb3d4776084e21d1273e3b25.jpg

Edited by DRC

5 minutes ago, DRC said:

Young & Henry's Newtowner Pale Ale

Taken from a 7 Degree fridge where it has been cooling for a week. Upon opening it frothed losing about 10% of its volume and most of its fizz. The Chef had just finished cleaning the kitchen so I am now in the bad books. In the photo the fill level is where it was at after it finished gushing. The now flat 'beer' looked over hopped and too estery. I am sure the guys behind this brand have very nicely groomed beards, use organic hair care products and have sustainable business cards. But your beer is $hit. Fail.

yh.jpg.b0d3a4abeb3d4776084e21d1273e3b25.jpg

😂 classic!