Beer: "proof that God loves us"

On 26/09/2020 at 1:08 PM, tripitaka said:

You're a better man than I am then, my friend 🍺

Dropped past Jetty Road after getting petrol yesterday and found these. I'll be keeping the 1988 for a couple of years, but the 4-pack of Infinite 8 will be broached in early October...

image.png.cecf5d08edc0dfb82c0a507b671c4944.pngimage.png.e38c70ea853e66b96aee799f0f1f3565.png

• Like 2
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All that talk of beer, happened to pass the Belair emporium on way home from the Dr  and ;  

Been BBQing since 5 am so am in need of a nice chewy, flavourful punch to the guts pale ale and reckon this one does quite nicely. Reckon i'll get into the swing of things after a few 6 packs as it sp

2 hours ago, Cloth Ears said:

Dropped past Jetty Road after getting petrol yesterday and found these. I'll be keeping the 1988 for a couple of years, but the 4-pack of Infinite 8 will be broached in early October...

Oh. And I was chatting to the guy at Jetty Road (muffled, but understandable) and he reckons they took a keg of the 1988 down to Jimmy Rum (2 doors down) and he's distilling a whisky for them from this. I certainly would be interested to try that out - I'll have to email James to find out whether it worked.

10 hours ago, Cloth Ears said:

Oh. And I was chatting to the guy at Jetty Road (muffled, but understandable) and he reckons they took a keg of the 1988 down to Jimmy Rum (2 doors down) and he's distilling a whisky for them from this. I certainly would be interested to try that out - I'll have to email James to find out whether it worked.

Sounds like some very nice things happening down there on the peninsula 🙂

10 hours ago, tripitaka said:

Sounds like some very nice things happening down there on the peninsula 🙂

"…Your finger is on the pulse.  We distilled a barrel of Blakes Russian Imperial Stout..Called - JR2

Its sitting in a small barrel and awaiting Blake to say he loves it and to bottle it.  Will maybe release with the next batch of Imperial stout…watch there socials, as it will be their release and maybe a bit of fun promo for us"

I'm salivating, just thinking about it!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got an email about this yesterday - currently awaiting delivery. Two of my favourite things - beer and truffles! To be honest, I've always thought that Scotch Ale was a bit on the sweet and caramel side, but with a bit of truffle added...

TruffleScotchforWebsite-2-400x986.jpg.we

55 minutes ago, mtf said:

This has been rolling around the fridge for over a year, last one so down it goes.

3904D55A-66EB-4521-A548-000BF376F79D.jpeg

Interesting, how is it Mark?

17 minutes ago, Mendes said:

Interesting, how is it Mark?

I really enjoyed it Steve.
This is a great mid arvo drink, it’s like a delicious peach/apricot iced tea with 6.0% of special effects thrown in 😄

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mtf said:

I really enjoyed it Steve.
This is a great mid arvo drink, it’s like a delicious peach/apricot iced tea with 6.0% of special effects thrown in 😄

Crikey.....are you back home?

30 minutes ago, Mendes said:

Crikey.....are you back home?

iso at my brothers house while he goes over east.

Had some supplies 🍺🍷 dropped off the other day.
Nearly over and looking forward getting out and standing up for more than 10 mins😄

15 minutes ago, mtf said:

iso at my brothers house while he goes over east.

Had some supplies 🍺🍷 dropped off the other day.
Nearly over and looking forward getting out and standing up for more than 10 mins😄

Let me know if you need more supplies brother 🙏

• Like 1

Have gone off experimenting lately, also Coopers aren't stocking their Lager so am quaffing Coopers Dry, it's wet and refreshing and doesn't seem to be full of diswashing liquid and/or ammonia so that's all I'm doing, 4.2 percent and 45 bucks a carton :) 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Supporting my local artisans. Travelled 24.9km to grab 2 of these (Barrel-Aged Series No.1 Imperial Stout Aged In Bourbon Barrels For Two Years😞

https://images.boozebud.com/resources/img/product/1598858590337dainton-350-937.jpg

And 4 each of these:

200914-Dainton-Apocalypso-mockup-600x600.pnghttps://www.dainton.beer/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/can-4d.png

• Like 5
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, Cloth Ears said:

Supporting my local artisans. Travelled 24.9km to grab 2 of these (Barrel-Aged Series No.1 Imperial Stout Aged In Bourbon Barrels For Two Years😞

https://images.boozebud.com/resources/img/product/1598858590337dainton-350-937.jpg

And 4 each of these:

200914-Dainton-Apocalypso-mockup-600x600.pnghttps://www.dainton.beer/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/can-4d.png

crikey...10.0 & 8.0 % , i'd be talking gibberish pretty soon after drinking these beasts....:hiccup

33 minutes ago, Mendes said:

crikey...10.0 & 8.0 % , i'd be talking gibberish pretty soon after drinking these beasts....:hiccup

LOL. My homebrew comes in at around 12.5%, so these are just light beers as far as I'm concerned.

2 minutes ago, Cloth Ears said:

LOL. My homebrew comes in at around 12.5%, so these are just light beers as far as I'm concerned.

Like the Village People... Macho, Macho..... man.....much respect :thumb::hiccup

Just now, Mendes said:

Like the Village People... Macho, Macho..... man.....much respect :thumb::hiccup

I just figure I'm too lazy to open a second bottle - so may as well make the first one worthwhile!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Foster’s, the beer brand “that helped put Australia on the international map” is being relaunched by Carlton & United Breweries.

In a media statement over the weekend, CUB said that Australian customers were looking “for a return to trusted iconic brands” and announced it would be boosting production of Foster’s Classic by 300 per cent in the coming months, from 500,000 litres a year to just over 2.5 million litres.

https://www.brewsnews.com.au/2020/11/30/iconic-fosters-makes-a-comeback/

Throw some prawns on the barby and grab a ice cold Fosters Lager...:hiccup

57 minutes ago, The Fez said:

Foster’s, the beer brand “that helped put Australia on the international map” is being relaunched by Carlton & United Breweries.

In a media statement over the weekend, CUB said that Australian customers were looking “for a return to trusted iconic brands” and announced it would be boosting production of Foster’s Classic by 300 per cent in the coming months, from 500,000 litres a year to just over 2.5 million litres.

https://www.brewsnews.com.au/2020/11/30/iconic-fosters-makes-a-comeback/

Throw some prawns on the barby and grab a ice cold Fosters Lager...:hiccup

Good luck with that then.

Hands up anyone here who drinks the swill or has seen someone else drinking it.

Wont be many that's for sure.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, betocool said:

I confess.... I drank it while I was abroad some years ago.

Before I moved to Australia.

Cheers,

Alberto

But now you know better...right?😜

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Luc said:

But now you know better...right?😜

I think I had a couple of cans back in the 80's. Of the standard Aussie fair from back then, I think the Melbourne Bitter was the only one that had a bit of flavour. The rest were sort of soapy and flavourless. In fact, the old XXXX 0.5% tasted better than most of the ones with alcohol.

Admittedly, in Darwin (as the 80's turned to 90's) we used to drink stuff like VB by the slab. simply because you were sweating the fluid out at about the same rate you were sucking it down. I got picked up once for a breathalyzer after having a dozen - and blew 0.07 (NT limit was 0.08 at the time). You just didn't get that sozzled (and your pores were very clean 😁)

Been BBQing since 5 am so am in need of a nice chewy, flavourful punch to the guts pale ale and reckon this one does quite nicely. Reckon i'll get into the swing of things after a few 6 packs as it sporting  a healthy  9.1% ABV

20201204_182141.jpg

• Like 7
4 hours ago, Tubularbells said:

Been BBQing since 5 am so am in need of a nice chewy, flavourful punch to the guts pale ale and reckon this one does quite nicely. Reckon i'll get into the swing of things after a few 6 packs as it sporting  a healthy  9.1% ABV

20201204_182141.jpg

Introduced to Joz at a Show GTG  at his place several years back... Rocket fuel.(you arrived after it was drunk)

They did at one stage do a Hazy which hit the scales at 15.7% and you could get it in Chapel St at the Beer Shop.

There's a thread on Imgur about it.  They were asked why 15.7% and not 15.9% like most  breweries do if pressed.

They're lazy(the other breweries) but in our case the testers couldn't talk straight or indeed stand straight so we capped the XP at 15.7%.

Don't care whether it's true😜

Great story😎

On 03/12/2020 at 9:10 AM, Cloth Ears said:

I think I had a couple of cans back in the 80's. Of the standard Aussie fair from back then, I think the Melbourne Bitter was the only one that had a bit of flavour. The rest were sort of soapy and flavourless. In fact, the old XXXX 0.5% tasted better than most of the ones with alcohol.

Admittedly, in Darwin (as the 80's turned to 90's) we used to drink stuff like VB by the slab. simply because you were sweating the fluid out at about the same rate you were sucking it down. I got picked up once for a breathalyzer after having a dozen - and blew 0.07 (NT limit was 0.08 at the time). You just didn't get that sozzled (and your pores were very clean 😁)

Fosters was always a bland beer and making again isn't going to improve it.  I get that people want to get back into those traditional beers from back when travelling interstate meant drinking different beer, but most of the modern incarnations of those classic beers have all been reformulated to drop the alcohol content and push them into a lower tarriff.  So they taste different to that classic taste anyway.

VB / Melbourne bitter / Fosters / Carlton Draught / Crown Lager it was near impossible to tell the difference between them back in the day.  The original XXXX was pretty easy to pick as was Swan but the CUB stuff out of Melbourne I am sure they mixed up the vats occasionally and nobody ever noticed.

Why do people bother with  that XXXX Gold or Fosters bog water, when you can buy a 6 pack of these for $18.50 at Dan's.

image.jpeg.28b4aba7542db77449228eb322d6c959.jpeg

• Like 3

The first beer I ever drank...and I still drink it, although I need to import it into Victoria.  All you weak, flabby gutted crafty beer snobs, fair dinkum, get some real "man" 💪 beer into you. Grab a silver bullet..!! ;)

BP0412.gif

• Like 4
18 hours ago, The Fez said:

The first beer I ever drank...and I still drink it, although I need to import it into Victoria.  All you weak, flabby gutted crafty beer snobs, fair dinkum, get some real "man" 💪 beer into you. Grab a silver bullet..!! ;)

BP0412.gif

Maybe they should re-release Dinner Ale.

I am a fan of the Sheaf Stout - makes a nice change from drinking Coopers in winter.

17 minutes ago, Old Man Rubber said:

Maybe they should re-release Dinner Ale.

Too right I remember as a kid, watching some of my uncles over Xmas sharing long necks of DA, poured into a "seven" - 200ml glass, whilst "the women folk" would take a shandy...Tooth & Co..

10151.jpg

• Like 1
19 hours ago, The Fez said:

The first beer I ever drank...and I still drink it, although I need to import it into Victoria.  All you weak, flabby gutted crafty beer snobs, fair dinkum, get some real "man" 💪 beer into you. Grab a silver bullet..!

Same here.

I have very fond memories of sharing many a longneck with my dad, talking about Rugby League, politics and the world-in-general. It was always Reschs, either Dinner Ale ( DA ) or the Pilsener. His initials were DA and he reckoned that the beer was nicknamed after him.

If anyone wants this beer it is  available via Amazon with free delivery for Prime members, so I have ordered a case and will see if it measures up to the memories.

Edit: The price is $53.95 per carton (cans) with free delivery.

Edited by rantan
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, rantan said:

Same here.

I have very fond memories of sharing many a longneck with my dad, talking about Rugby League, politics and the world-in-general. It was always Reschs, either Dinner Ale ( DA ) or the Pilsener. His initials were DA and he reckoned that the beer was nicknamed after him.

If anyone wants this beer it is  available via Amazon with free delivery for Prime members, so I have ordered a case and will see if it measures up to the memories.

Edit: The price is $53.95 per carton (cans) with free delivery.

It's surprising to me that the Pilsner was the one that survived - my failing memory thought that good old KB was more popular (we used to call it Kids Beer - in the gold tinnies).