hybridfiat

Beer: "proof that God loves us"

Just bottled the Centenarillo Ale today. Been a big beer weekend, starting on Friday with some Mountain Goat Steam Ale and Hightail Ale, both were fantastic. Also has some Moo Brew Pale and Dark Ale.

On saturday myself and a couple of friends drove up into the Adelaide Hills and found ourselves at the Lobethal Bierhaus. I enjoyed every single beer there! After trying some beers individually we bought tasting paddles for $15. The 10.5% ABV Devil's Choice was SENSATIONAL. You would never be able to tell it's such a strong beer. Easy bitterness coupled with really nice honey flavours.

We also bought some buffalo wings that we asked for extra hot. They were so f*cking HOT I went deaf in my left ear. Fantastic.

53b98d1d.jpg

58ec16f9.jpg

I didn't even know this place existed! Those tasting paddles look very inviting. Only one problem though, someone has to drive back to Adelaide!

...get "Jeeves" to take you back...You know its not a bad option. If you have a few going out (up to 4) or get a limo...split the cost of the driver and you all have no worries about the driving..Its a good and sensible option. I've done it with friends a few times. And you know the car will be waiting for you at the time you want...

Oak aged beer, now that an interesting idea. Irish Whisky Cask I would definitely like to try.

I have to say I was quite happy to find Dan Murphy's in Springwood stocking Cooper's Dark Ale!

Yeah Dark Ale is probably Coopers' most underrated beer. They don't sell that much of it. I've noticed this beer especially is sensitive to age- contrary to most other Coopers beers I prefer it fresh as possible. However since Dark Ale stock moves slowly the average age of Dark Ale you find in a bottlo is 3-5 months old.

Funny you should say - I'm having one right now!

Day Of The Long Shadow --- Little Creatures

I had one of these the other day. Really nice Winter sipper..8.9 per cent. Think warm, spiced fruit, malty, dark. Limited release so might all be gone by now. Pint sized bottle. Bloody nice! If I can get some I'll keep it for Christmas, cause I reckon it would be great with Christmas cake or pud...

post-113548-0-71728600-1342599549.jpg

Mmmmme like the look of that. Will look out for it.

I had one of these the other day. Really nice Winter sipper..8.9 per cent. Think warm, spiced fruit, malty, dark. Limited release so might all be gone by now. Pint sized bottle. Bloody nice! If I can get some I'll keep it for Christmas, cause I reckon it would be great with Christmas cake or pud...

Have to keep my eye out fpr that one

In Australia we have cask wines, but in England they get really excited by their cask beers.

Mrs Mustud and I have a hire car and an itinerary that over 6 weks takes us all over England, Wales and Southern Scotland. Yes, we have been here for each of the last two years for holidays, however usually for very specific reasons where the prime purpose was outside the U.K.

So this time we decided to concentrate just on this island. And its beers (and when we get to it, the whisky in Islay). I have to say that this cask stuff is pretty damn good. The regional variation is strong and I usually try to taste a different pint in each village we stop at.

Ah, God does like the cask. Currently drinking Spitfire in a pub in Moreton-in-Marsh.

Dunno if you blokes are checking out Montieths beers!?

Their Winter Ale is very good.

Their Sparkling Ale in 500ml bottles is currently the best value quality beer on the market IMO.

If you try it, I'm interested to know what you paid...

"Tribute", a Cornish ale, is pretty damn good with live pub music.

Dunno if you blokes are checking out Montieths beers!?

Their Winter Ale is very good.

Their Sparkling Ale in 500ml bottles is currently the best value quality beer on the market IMO.

If you try it, I'm interested to know what you paid...

They had the sparkling at Aldi a little while back for 3.50 a bottle I think, not a bad drop

Their "Single Source" is an absolute treat

They had the sparkling at Aldi a little while back for 3.50 a bottle I think, not a bad drop

It is currently at Dan's for $1.90 a 500ml bottle

I've been buying it while I can before they realise their price error.

Graham

Friday Beer O'clock

dce91137-0305-dfd6.jpg

Pardon my orientation 'hic

Edited by rehabitat

"Tribute", a Cornish ale, is pretty damn good with live pub music.

Nice with the 'ol Cornish Pastie!

Edited by The Fez

I lurv Duvel.

The mother of all Golden beers.

ah Rehab -- My truncated version of the monikor not a good idea here!! That beer glass you have there - very nice..Reminds me of the Bit Bar that used to be in lower nth shore of Sydney Had Kostritzer on tap..Now I think of it, I might have the same glass at home!! BTW If anyone knows where to buy Kostritzer in Sydney please post..Love that black German drop...

Hehe well spotted Fez. I often feel somewhat truncated after a few so it's all good ;)

I dicovered many such pleasures travelling in Deutschland. I think I brought the glass home with me along with several others. The only place I've struck Kostritzer back home was a 5l keg from Dan Murphys a few years ago. I would appreciate a heads up to get some myself. It's a fine drop!

If any of you guys drink Stella Artois, Becks or Heineken Dan Murphys have a special on tall 500ml cans of the proper European brewed versions. $54.90 for 24, which equals 36 normal stubbies.

not a bad drop, the Archive in Brisbane often has it on hand pump

I'm in Singapore at the moment and although I was informed about the expense and lack of choice, I'm really surprised at how hard it is too find, A. Good beer and B. A really cold beer

20$ for two pints of Stella served in warm glasses.

Most beers seem to be in 320 ml cans 330 ml. Found a Japanese bar that has corona for $8 and Thats the best I've found so far.

( excuse the spelling etc as I,m on the phs keypad)

If corona is the best you can find then things must be pretty bad!