hybridfiat

Beer: "proof that God loves us"

And the Czech Republic. And Belgium. And.....

...aaahhh Budvar

Guest yamaha_man

I use the brew barn in hopper crossing as does Pat. My poison is spiderweb lager, 6.1% of goodness. I however got sick of bottling it, I opted for the keg set-up. 10 minutes to go there and change kegs over as opposed to an hour to bottle, money well spent I believe.

Ahhh, cheers gents!

...aaahhh Budvar

And Pilsner Urquell, Gambrinus, Kozel, Bohemia Regent, Staropramen, Eggenberg, Zlaty Bazant (Slovak Republic, but close enough) etc, etc. Still got all the coasters from my pub crawl through the country with family there earlier this year.

Ahhh...

...ahhhh hefeweizen...

My brother gave me a 750 ml bottle for my birthday. Drank it with some nice blue cheese while watching the football. Must say, by the time I got to the 4th quater (and the bottom of the bottle) things were a bit blurry.

I no longer have a staple since Dan Murphy moved into my town. There's a beer for every mood and occasion and always something new to try

Now now, the 750s are meant to be shared. I hope your brother wasn't too cut up :)

Sniffs goblet while picking another muscatel mmm....

Drinking a home brew now, a simple Pale Ale kit made to spec, except that I recultured some actual Coopers Pale Ale yeast from a 6 pack I bought. It's average.

My next step is moving to kegging... bottling is a pain in the butt. A new stainless steel kegerator can be bought for around $600 including ditching the crappy Chinese taps and replacing them with decent Aussie fittings.

beer is proof god loves us and coffee is proof he is merciful.

...ahhhh hefeweizen...

Now now, the 750s are meant to be shared. I hope your brother wasn't too cut up :)

Sniffs goblet while picking another muscatel mmm....

If he wanted share, he should have bought two :)

I had to give up home brew as it gave me severe bouts of gout, I long for the day when the is a cure for gout as I miss my home brewing.

Cheers Chaps Im dying to get off the mine and back home. I cant drink while onsite as Im on call 24hrs. Glad to hear Ive stimulated some beer creativity. Id encourage anyone who can find a microbrewery to get themselves and a friend down there and dirty amoungst "the malt and the hops and the beer"

I am very excited about about the rapidly growing craft beer industry in Australia, I find bottlos are stocking more different beers than ever before. Hopefully we are seeing the permanent decline of megaswill light lager made with isohop, and the rise of proper beer with proper flavour and proper hops.

I second that. Most commercial 'beer' is brewed with corn as a cheap sub for barley, which is why a lot of it is heavily hopped to disguise the lack of real malt flavour.

I am very excited about about the rapidly growing craft beer industry in Australia, I find bottlos are stocking more different beers than ever before. Hopefully we are seeing the permanent decline of megaswill light lager made with isohop, and the rise of proper beer with proper flavour and proper hops.

+1 yeah its great to see so many new brews around...

Isn't it dissapointing when you buy an "import" only to find it's brewed here under licence? Happened to me last weekend, brought home a sixpack of Carlsberg, cracked one and thought "hmmm this tastes familiar" and not really in a good way. Checked the label which said it was brewed here by *hurl* Fosters.

Put that one down to experience.

Isn't it dissapointing when you buy an "import" only to find it's brewed here under licence? Happened to me last weekend, brought home a sixpack of Carlsberg, cracked one and thought "hmmm this tastes familiar" and not really in a good way. Checked the label which said it was brewed here by *hurl* Fosters.

Put that one down to experience.

Many of your big name imports fall under that category. Still, there are enough incredibly good Aussie (and NZ) beers to keep us all busy for some time.

Coopers Sparkling is my brew of choice. Have never tried home brewing myself, but a former neighbour used to brew his own Coopers. He had it off to a tee, and I never declined an invitation to share a jug, or two, .... with him. It tasted fantastic, a lot like Sparkling Ale, but somehow much smoother and clean tasting. Bliss!