dual pb 1000 pro not enough bass

Is anyone disappointed  with the pb1000 pro? i was running a single velodyne 15inch chtq and have just upgraded to dual pb 1000 pro 12 inch and even when run flat out as loud as my processor will go i don't get the chest pump like i used to i can barely even see them moving, its very clear but maybe im used to the boomyness of a big sub? any thoughts

im in a small 5 by 5.5 meter room

stereo.jpg

Edited by steve_

3 hours ago, steve_ said:

I wouldn't call 5 x 5.5 small ... just badly dimensioned!  :lol:

3 hours ago, steve_ said:

i can barely even see them moving, its very clear but maybe i'm used to the boomyness of a big sub? any thoughts

I hardly see the cones moving on my 15" subs - even when the volume level is as loud as I want to go.  (Sub levels have been set using REW - not by ear.)

My room is 5.8 x 3.6.

Andy

Can’t speak for the 1000 pro but I have a single ported 2000 pro in a similar size room and have to turn the gain on the sub way down -19db just so the bass isn’t over powering. I was actually considering switching to a duel sub setup with something smaller as it felt like a waste. 

On 18/06/2021 at 3:30 PM, steve_ said:

Is anyone disappointed  with the pb1000 pro? i was running a single velodyne 15inch chtq and have just upgraded to dual pb 1000 pro 12 inch and even when run flat out as loud as my processor will go i don't get the chest pump like i used to i can barely even see them moving, its very clear but maybe im used to the boomyness of a big sub? any thoughts

stereo.jpg

I’m keen to hear how you get on with this. I’m considering moving to dual PB-1000 Pros from a single PB-2000 but am also keen on the chest-slamming bass. My room is slightly larger at 7 x 5m.

8 hours ago, OzJustin said:

I’m keen to hear how you get on with this. I’m considering moving to dual PB-1000 Pros from a single PB-2000 but am also keen on the chest-slamming bass. My room is slightly larger at 7 x 5m.

Dual PB-1000Pro's would have a significant advantage in the "chest slam/midbass" region over a single PB-2000,with dual 1000Pro's capable of around 120dB in this region. You could also easily add a PB-1000Pro to your existing PB-2000,as they would integrate well together. The PB-1000Pro is a big step up on the original PB-1000,and even greatly exceeds the PB12-NSD (predecessor to the PB-2000) and is an absolute  bargain at around $900AUD

• Like 2

On 18/06/2021 at 3:00 PM, steve_ said:

stereo.jpg

Might sound silly, but are they in phase with each other? Try reversing/varying the phase of one subwoofer and see if it makes any difference.

I any case, a measurement mic is probably needed here, this will help you to see exactly what is going on.

Cheers,

SS

• Like 2

Can you please provide details of your AVR and speakers. A diagram of where your speakers and subs are, plus llstening positions.  

If the dual subs are in phase and properly integrated, you should get more even bass in the room.

a bit strange. can i ask why both subs are at the front of the room, is that actually the best place for them.

i run an earlier vely ct-150 15" 300w amp (behind seating) and it integrates well with my old pb2000 (front of room). hope to add a vely cht-15r  later ... cant go without 15" subs even if not high powered :-)

as for replacing existing old pb2000 with 2 pb1000 pro's? i would just buy one and see how that goes first.

• Like 1

On 18/06/2021 at 3:30 PM, steve_ said:

i can barely even see them moving

For a well designed ported sub, you should barely see the cones moving at the tuning point of the port(s) - as this is where the resonating of the port takes over to produce your sound. Doesn't solve your issue, but the cone not moving is an indication if you're running a sealed or OB sub, but not ported.