FS: Vacuum Tube PreAmplifier 6J4 6P6P Tubes

Item Condition: GOOD
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.
Suburb or Town: VIC 3030
State: VIC
Payment Method: Cash, PayPal Friends
Reason for selling: Switched to Solid State Pre with Remote

Further information:

Great Bang for the buck Chi-Fi Vacuum Tube Preamplifier.

Details can be found here.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251474951203

Features

Using classic 6P6P and 6J14 vacuum tubes, the sound is sweet, warm, low-frequency is thick and dense.

4 inputs, 1 output, convenient to compare different audio equipment, no need to plug in and out the audio cable.

Parameters
Frequency response: 10Hz-100KHz (± 0dB), 10Hz-200KHz (± 0.2dB)
RMS output power: 0.8W * 2
Tubes model: 2*6P6P + 2*6J4 + 1*6Z5P
Audio Input: 4 groups *Stereo L/R RCA
Audio Output: Stereo L/R RCA
Supply voltage: 220V-240V 50Hz
Output voltage: 12V (8 times amplification)
Power Transformer: 76 * 40 270v * 2 6.3v 3.15v * 2 
Dimensions(L*W*H): 290*170*50mm
Weight: 4 kg

Photos:

4.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, tortello77 said:

Nice spider, how is the background noise? I had one of these chinese valve amps in the past and there was quite a bit of hum. Cheers

Hello.   When I hook it up with my solid state power amp, dead quiet. When I hook it up with another chinese tube power amp, dead quiet. When I hook it up with DIY Spud Kit amp, there is slight hum. When I hook it up with Emotiva powered monitor, quiet. So far, only slight hum that I could detect is DIY Spud Kit amp but not sure why it is. my guess that there is a ground loop between the two somewhere?

If you have similar valve pre and have the hum, may worthwhile to check the grounding for both components?  I am sure that there are gurus in this area in this forum who might be able to help with your valve amp.  Thanks.

It's funny. The more I look on Stereonet the more I see stuff I want. I even looked to see if it would connect to my integrated (it won't no direct input) but it would look good in my listening space though. Not to mention I am in Sydney🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Guest crankit

For watching music DVD's I have this model pre to a John Lindsey Hood copy 30W power amp also chi-fi, solid combo and no hum issues either. 

GLWTS