SOLD: FS: PS Audio P10 power regenerator

SOLD
Item Condition: Good
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.
Suburb or Town: Beaumaris
State: VIC
Payment Method: PayPal( friend or family) Eft cash on pickup
Reason for selling: Surplus

Further information:

No need for introduction, plenty of information on the net, this power generator did make a huge difference on my system. Too much equipment.

No original box and prefer local pickup. 

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
  • You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
    - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

IMG_20210604_170339.jpg

IMG_20210604_170353.jpg

IMG_20210604_170413.jpg

• Like 3

Compulsory piece of kit the P10 regenerator. When Len Wallis sold me mine, he told me it would improve the system 10-15%. Bought one and took it home, and hooked everything to it. 

He was wrong. It improved the DAC 10-15%, the Streamer by 10-15%, the pre amp by 10-15%, the power amps by 10-15%.

Net result was all additive. Whole thing had improved by orders of magnitude, that made the system sound new and transformative.

Lower noise floor, tighter bass, better soundstaging.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Silver Audiophile said:

Compulsory piece of kit the P10 regenerator. When Len Wallis sold me mine, he told me it would improve the system 10-15%. Bought one and took it home, and hooked everything to it. 

He was wrong. It improved the DAC 10-15%, the Streamer by 10-15%, the pre amp by 10-15%, the power amps by 10-15%.

Net result was all additive. Whole thing had improved by orders of magnitude, that made the system sound new and transformative.

Lower noise floor, tighter bass, better soundstaging.

I think you will find that still all equals 10/15%.

If dac, streamer , preamp and amp had a 15% jump each that equals 60% out of a possible  400%..

Equaling, 15% 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Silverspinner81 said:

I think you will find that still all equals 10/15%.

If dac, streamer , preamp and amp had a 15% jump each that equals 60% out of a possible  400%..

Equaling, 15% 

No. Think of it this way.. 10-15% improvement with the DAC connected to the P10. Everything else, to the wall. System improves overall 10-15%.

Now, add another 10-15% improvement to that system, since you connect a Pre amp to P10 (the rest to the wall). Now it's 32% improvement (1.15 to the power of  2).

Then, add a third component.. it's a 52% system improvement (1.15 to the power of 3).

Add a 4th component.. 75% system improvement (1.15 to the power of 4).

Add a 5th component.. 101% improvement etc.

The effect are compounded, not additive as I initially said in error. Thanks for pointing out. 

The 400% denominator you used is incorrect. Each component that improves the system does it independently, and is multiplier for other independent improvements.  

Theory aside.. sound improvements makes it hard to return to your system without it.

Edited by Silver Audiophile
  • Like 4