SOLD: SOLD PENDING PAYMENT: SGR CX4 F Mk II Active Speakers

SOLD
Item Condition: Very Good
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.
Suburb or Town: Canberra
State: ACT
Payment Method: Any
Reason for selling: Downsizing and downgrading

Further information:  I have spent 40 years in this hobby and have been passionate about my music and audio so it's not going to be easy letting these speakers go.  During the past few years I have owned Yamaha (NS1000Ms), Duntech Marquis, Magneplanar 3.1, Sonus Faber and ProAc's but the speakers I have enjoyed the most are these SGRs. However I have now decided to downsize and reclaim some real estate in the house.

The speakers are a sealed design and therefore easier to position in the room however no large speaker with prodigious bass is going to be dead simple to place in a room.  When set up properly, the SGRs reward the listener with even, extended bass down to the mid 20Hz region and imaging that I had thought impossible in a large floorstander.  For music, you certainly won't need subwoofers in the mix.

The built-in amps are terrific - four channels of class AB per speaker amounting to 650W per channel.  All filters are in the analogue domain.  SGR have come up here with a design that produces great transients - reminding me of electrostatics - and excellent 3D sounstaging.  Music sounds just like it should - REAL and effortless.

The cabinets are in very good condition (the SGR standard of finish is fantastic) with only some very light swirl marks from dusting.  The Gaia feet are not included in the price although an attractive price can be negotiated.

I only have the internal cardboard boxes for these and NOT the transport crates so pickup would be preferred.  I am open to discussing transport options with buyers.

The CX4F Mk II is a current model and RRP is $33,000.

Photos:

IMG_2267.thumb.JPG.f1c4a952a9ac30a3da01d3b343a93a9e.JPG

IMG_2266.thumb.JPG.dde070006184691c6e6b9097408c0d89.JPG

1164142584_IMG_22622.thumb.JPG.6666acee52631574aaad294fbeaf6e77.JPG

IMG_2261.thumb.JPG.8a7faaea95c065749b7d7018b8c8aa5e.JPG

IMG_2263.thumb.JPG.5a40d30d1c22fbd2c59d8539f4cceac6.JPG

IMG_2260.JPG

Edited by andrewyuri
Add RRP
  • Like 10
  • Love 3

Thanks for the kind words all.  Yes, this is an amazing system and because it's in a highly treated room (bass traps behind those front red curtains plus the absorption panels and diffusers, you get to hear just how good these speakers are.  An incredible Australian product!

Edited by andrewyuri
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Not sure yet but whatever it is, it's going to be far more modest than the SGRs.  But then again my expectations won't be sky high either -  I am not looking to stay at this high a level.

Edited by andrewyuri

On 30/05/2021 at 7:38 PM, andrewyuri said:

Thanks Paul - never know where that will take me.

Hi @andrewyuri

Have a look at the Dutch 8c’s. They’ve been a game changer for me.