SOLD: JBL Synthesis S1S-EX 18” passive THX subwoofer

SOLD
Item Condition: Works perfectly
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.
Suburb or Town: Hawthorn East
State: VIC
Payment Method: Cash, PayPal, EFT
Reason for selling: Too big

Further information:

The mother of all subwoofers. 

Watch a movie then read about the tremors picked up seismologists around the world.

Selling because every time my wife walks past it she lets me know that it is very big. I’ve made a bigger one that doesn’t look like a subwoofer so I got off the hook that way. Still took me a while to let this one go. The DIY is maybe not as window-rattlingly good, but life is compromise. 

Spec sheet attached. 

Condition is excellent. Function 100%. It’s got some minor scuffing that is not visible unless you’re up close. By which time you’re deaf. 

This little puppy is big (see comparison pic vs blue ray movie). Won’t fit into a sedan. It’s also heavy. I can assist with the lift but best bring some burley fellas you trust not to drop it. 

I have ground floor ramped access.

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
  • You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
    - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

S1S-EX-Spec-sheet.pdf

• Haha 1

• Administrator
44 minutes ago, Syrot said:

What sort of power do you need to make it rattle your fillings loose? 

I'm using one of these bridged for each sub (1100w):

https://www.jblsynthesis.com/products/electronics/amplifiers/SDA-2200-.html?dwvar_SDA-2200-_color=Black-US-Current&cgid=amplifiers

They'll lap it up. Of course, there are more affordable Crown amps that can be picked up second hand that will do the job nicely.