Micro Seiki SX-111FV platter removal and motor lubrication

Hi all,

I have a Micro Seiki SX-111FV and would like to remove the platter to give it a polish. Originally the turntable came with 2 platter handles / lifters but I don't have these. Is it safe to lift the 10KG platter off by lifting it from the sides? Alternatively, do you know if anyone who sells these lifters?

The TT has not been used for 5 years so would like to lubricate the motor but not sure what oil to use or where to apply it. Any other tips on the maintenance this beautiful machine requires would be much appreciated. I have only been able to find a Japanese manual.

Find a couple of metric bolts that fit, probably M6 or close to that. Will give a safer purchase for lifting off the plinth and reduce the risk of it slipping.

• Thanks 1

There is an Owner's Manual that can be down loaded from The Vinyl Engine website. It is in Japanese  and it shows the tools supplied with the turntable to facilitate  the platter  removal  and holding the belt in place.

• Thanks 1

I've found that the online "translate from image" site will be good enough for you to get an understanding of what's written in the Japanese manual. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, DutchNote said:

Hi all,

I have a Micro Seiki SX-111FV and would like to remove the platter to give it a polish. Originally the turntable came with 2 platter handles / lifters but I don't have these. Is it safe to lift the 10KG platter off by lifting it from the sides? Alternatively, do you know if anyone who sells these lifters?

The TT has not been used for 5 years so would like to lubricate the motor but not sure what oil to use or where to apply it. Any other tips on the maintenance this beautiful machine requires would be much appreciated. I have only been able to find a Japanese manual.

be careful if you send a platter to a polish service
in the past, I had a problem with RX-5000
the platter is heavy so the worker put the metal rod inside the hole lift platter and handle and turning it for polished, 
I bring back and fitting the platter in the bearing shaft, platter moving unbalanced, plater make wave when turning   
So if you need to polish must tell the worker never put something inside the hole of the platter
The handle platter for lifting you searching from eBay local 

Edited by Analogsound
2 hours ago, audiofeline said:

I've found that the online "translate from image" site will be good enough for you to get an understanding of what's written in the Japanese manual. 

That’s a great tip, was not aware that was possible!

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Find a couple of metric bolts that fit, probably M6 or close to that. Will give a safer purchase for lifting off the plinth and reduce the risk of it slipping.

@DutchNote def worth getting some lifters.  I simply took my platter (different tt to yours) down to Bunnings to ensure i got the right fit and bought two eye-bolts for a cupla bucks each.  

image.png.53d1c0d557d0ca0db7784b16d342e934.png

Cheers

2B

Edited by 2Brix
34 minutes ago, 2Brix said:

@DutchNote def worth getting some lifters.  I simply took my platter (different tt to yours) down to Bunnings to ensure i got the right fit and bought two eye-bolts for a cupla bucks each.  

image.png.53d1c0d557d0ca0db7784b16d342e934.png

Cheers

2B

Yes eyebolts or similar loops types are great for this task, I use similar to lift the heavy platter from a Yamaha GT-2000.

also it’s great for centring and lowering accurately into place when replacing the platter without dropping it the last few mm.

If you manage to find some eye bolts or similar to remove the platter and feel comfortable shipping it to Adelaide I am able to polish it and can make a tool that you can remove the platter square and gently.

Will work for vinyl.😀

Gorgeous looking table by the way.

• Thanks 1